Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

What to expect @ LIS airport for an intra-EU flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something

I have a 600pm departure from LIS in mid-february, trying to work out what a reasonable time to arrive at the airport is. It's a sunday evening flight. For intra-EU flights at some airports (BRU leaps to mind) I'd have no qualms about just showing up just an hour before the flight, but I've never flown TAP and I've never been through the Lisbon airport, so I have no idea what to expect as far as checkin, security, immigration, cut-off times, etc.

I have gold status with star alliance, and I'm flying TAP.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Get there an hour before. Regular security usually takes no more than 15 minutes at the worst of times and with *G you get "Green Way" access. Boarding usually starts 30-45 mins before departure (some gates are bus gates), and gates close 15 minutes prior to departure. I usually get there an hour before and have plenty of time to get a snack, a bottle of water and a newspaper or two at the lounge, and buy a bottle of Ginjinha de bidos (cherry liqueur) for whichever friend I happen to be visiting

If you need to check a bag they have a special area for *G. Just turn left when you come in from the departures level and go all the way to the end. Cut-off time for TAP is 45 minutes.

No immigration to speak of for an intra-Schengen flight.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
Very helpful, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.