Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair - transit time in KEF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:27 am

I have done a 30 minute connection time successfully even when incoming flight was delayed, as have thousands of others. They tend to hold the plane a bit to ensure people can make it if incoming flight is delayed.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
As stated above, absolutely no problem making the connection. FI schedules most of its TATL connections to be about an hour and in the unlikely event of a delay, they often hold departing flights for connecting passengers.

In your case, you will deplane, go through Schengen immigration, then take a short walk to your CDG gate. If you're in business or econ comfort, you'll even have time for a visit to the Saga Lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
MCT for FI-FI ORD-KEF-CDG connection is 25 minutes.

Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at KEF
Incoming airline FI
Outgoing airline FI

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE   3.00  3.00  3.00  3.00
OFFLINE  3.00  3.00  3.00  3.00
** OR * ARE ALL
FI-FI DI   .25 
FI-FI ID   .25 
FI-FI II   .35 FLT  207 - FLT  631 CPH - BOS 
FI-FI II   .35 FLT  207 - FLT  643 CPH - BWI 
FI-FI II   .35 FLT  207 - FLT  615 CPH - JFK 
FI-FI II   .35 FLT  207 - FLT  603 CPH - YYZ 
FI-FI II   .25
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
This thread was just in time for me. I'm flying 644 -> 450 Sunday with an hour connection time, so I was a bit concerned. The flight from IAD to KEF seems to be delayed often, but when I checked the flight from KEF to LHR it's almost always late -- often by hours. So I suspected they hold the planes for connections.

I'm not really that worried about arriving in London late.... as long as it's not a day late that is!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Mike5055
That's good news! Thank you!

Any idea what the shortest amount of time the connection can be made in? Also, I have read the Icelandair will hold the plane if it knows an inbound one is delayed. Is that true?

Again, thanks for your help!
Whether Icelandair holds flights for connecting passengers or not really depends on the circumstances. Are you the only passenger they need to wait for or are there 30 people on your flight going the same way? How late exactly is the inbound? A late inbound flight will usually cause some outbound flight to be late as well because they need the plane and maybe that happens to be your flight.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:46 am

Had a 50 min connection (MSP-KEF-ORY) this summer and was through in 30 minutes.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
My original 70 min. connection YEG-KEF-AMS shrank to about a 45 min. connection after a delay departing YEG but still made the connection as no line-up at customs check. My KEF-AMS flight was boarding but still found the gate and boared with everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.