Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair in any Alliance?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Icelandair in any Alliance?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I didn't see a forum for icelandair. Is there anyway to use miles from other programs towards icelandair?

Doing some searching I didn't find anything recent on this subject
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Not in an alliance, they are partners with Alaska Airlines though
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Not a member of any alliance although partners with several airlines, including Alaska Airlines. Threads regarding Icelandair may be found in this forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-programs-469/.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Could I use AA miles towards icelandair since AA and alaska are partners?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sidar
Could I use AA miles towards icelandair since AA and alaska are partners?
No. AA miles can only be used on direct partners of AA.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

thanks after reading some threads in the link lwildernorva provided it seems icelandair is tricky. I guess I will be buying the ticket
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:29 pm

Search AA's site- it is possible to use AA miles - they codeshare with Air Berlin. Most of what I was finding when I was looking for ORD- REK has you connecting in BOS/ JFK & then again in DUS/TXL. Slim availability, but there were some.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

I live in Denver and icelandair does direct flights from here to REK. I was hoping to get on that route. I will look into it further
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Originally Posted by sidar
I live in Denver and icelandair does direct flights from here to REK. I was hoping to get on that route. I will look into it further
The 3 letter code is KEF (not REK)
Michael
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Are you able to redeem Saga points on an Air Iceland's ticket to Greenland or the Faroe Islands? After all, they are part of the same Icelandair Group.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:20 am

I just booked a flight through icelandair.us. It asked me what mileage program I wanted, and offered hundreds of options, on pretty much every airline I'd ever heard of. (Go play with it if you don't believe me - you can get that far without entering your credit card.)

Amtrak was even in there, so I picked that and gave my Amtrak Guest Rewards number. I wonder how many points I'll get out of it, if any.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by markonflyertalk
I just booked a flight through icelandair.us. It asked me what mileage program I wanted, and offered hundreds of options, on pretty much every airline I'd ever heard of. (Go play with it if you don't believe me - you can get that far without entering your credit card.)

Amtrak was even in there, so I picked that and gave my Amtrak Guest Rewards number. I wonder how many points I'll get out of it, if any.

Looks like a generic list.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
FI will cease to be a partner of AS at the end of May. Tickets purchased by then will still earn miles through end of February 2014.

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...celandair.aspx
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Are you able to redeem Saga points on an Air Iceland's ticket to Greenland or the Faroe Islands? After all, they are part of the same Icelandair Group.
I don't think so, I flew to Greenland last summer with Air Iceland, which as you mention is part of the Icelandair group, but no mention was made that Air Iceland is a Saga partner. It was a brilliant experience though, I will try to write a trip report soon.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:59 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Have a Saga Class flight later this week.

Anywhere to credit Icelandair miles to (other than the Icelandair program, Saga Club)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.