Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair cancels some SEA flights due to labor dispute

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso

Heads up for others:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rcancel27.html
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
It was a long grumpy day at KEF. TH's flight was cancelled at -2 HR before departure because pilot got in 6 min late and refused to fly. All flights to US save a few seats to BOS were zeroed out. They got her out via AMS today and protected her in J. Nonetheless, she is not amused. Striking just before height of tourist season is not cool.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:48 am
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
oh crap... I have a LHR-KEF[5 DAY stopover] -SEA in economy comfort coming up.

Getting out of KEF when Icelandair operations goes irregular would not be fun. Busy operation with very few alternative airlines.

At least I am coming back with BA.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
The pilots and Icelandair have reached an agreement. All work action is suspended and all flights are back to normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.