Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Czech Airlines referral scheme 'enhanced'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Czech Airlines referral scheme 'enhanced'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Most of them...
Thumbs down Czech Airlines referral scheme 'enhanced'

I almost missed their mention in the recent mailing that you can now refer a friend to the airline's OK Plus FFP and get 1,000 bonus miles for that. Until 17 February it was 2,000 - same amount as the new member was getting.

Moreover, there is now a limit of 10 rewarded referrals throughout the duration of one's programme membership.

I have recommended quite a few new members for OK, and had already noted recently that my referral miles balance had ceased growing. Could be that I've exhausted the ten referrals quota.

As the online account statement does not go that far back, I'll be writing to OK to confirm how many members I have successfully referred yet, so as to avoid working for free.

I suggest you do the same if you liked the previous referral scheme.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: Miles and More
I am sure that they have switched from 2000 to 1000 some time ago. I also recall that they had a limit of 10 referrals (per year?) before. Current language in the last mailing is not really clear, but it any case, I can not see it been applied retroactively, i.e. if you have referred 10+ friends before Feb 17 it should not prevent you from earning miles for 10 more friends after 17 Feb. And I really doubt CSA store the data on the source of your miles (incl. referrals) for more than 2 years
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I referred somebody, but they have yet to fly with their OK account.

I assume the new member needs to generate some miles before the referrer gets his miles?

Also, I referred people under the old scheme (2K miles), hopefully they honor this offer, even if the new member doesn't fly for 6 months after the referral takes place!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:53 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
They changed this a while ago I think. I have referred a few people but not all of them were credited, after that I gave up.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:59 pm

Referral code?

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but im hoping someone can help~~~
Im new to the OK Plus program. I can't find any mention at all on their website of referring a friend. Is there a link or a code or something? If so where can i find it? I know they still do this because it is still stated in their emails they send out after registering.
Heres the email...

Czech Airlines - OK Plus <[email protected]>

Jul 9 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear Madam / Dear Sir:

Welcome to the OK Plus Programme. Your OK Plus membership number is: <redacted>

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen Czech Airlines and its OK Plus Frequent Flyer Programme. Within 4 weeks of the first transaction in your account (a flight with Czech Airlines or its airline partners, or the use of the services of our non-airline partners) you will receive your plastic OK Plus Membership Card at the address specified in your profile. Please present your Membership Card each time you book a flight and check in.

Upon entering your membership number and PIN code on the www.ok-plus.com website, you can call up your OK Plus personal profile. There, you can not only view an online statement of your account, claim uncredited miles, or update your personal data, but also book a ticket or check in for a Czech Airlines flight.

With the first activity in your account, you will receive a welcome bonus of 2,000 miles!

Get even more miles! You will get 1,000 miles for recommending a new OK Plus Programme member. For more information, see www.ok-plus.com.

This is a computer-generated e-mail. If you have any questions concerning the OK Plus programme, please contact the OK Plus Service Centre at 800 310 310 (free for calls from the Czech Republic), +420 239 007 500 or the e-mail [email protected].

Wishing you many pleasant flights on board Czech Airlines,
Your OK Plus Team

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 2013 at 10:10 pm Reason: redacted number in case it was actual
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Termination of "Member Gets Member" Promotion
The possibility to earn miles for recommendation of a membership will terminate effective April 30, 2013. Miles for already recommended new members can be credited no later than this date. Miles for those recommended members, who will fly first qualifying segment after this date, will not be credited.

this is from my last online statement
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
Originally Posted by samiam23

Get even more miles! You will get 1,000 miles for recommending a new OK Plus Programme member. For more information, see www.ok-plus.com.
Hello Samiam,
CSA took the offer for referring a new customer away sometime this year. I did not notice mentioning it anywhere. They clearly did not change the text in your welcoming letter, so that it still mentions the old bonus - you can NOT get it any more. It used to work well: you just needed to enter referring OK Plus Number into the PROMOTION CODE field. But nowhere could you learn about how many people you have already referred.

That is normal, the user experience of their web site has been poor and only got worsen with introducing their new rules (i.e. it is rather unclear now when the miles expire, what exactly booking class you are buying etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.