Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysian F??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
Malaysian F??

Sorry but cannot find any threads on above so have posted here to ask -
I will be travelling to KL in a few months and was considering booking F with MH - However how good is this airline - There are some cheaper options but via HK or Singapore but I really want to try the most direct route as possible and also enjoy the flight and try out F with somebody new , but only of they are excellent - I cannot find any trip reports either. Any help please
Old Sep 22, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Service is excellent and do ask for row 1. If you and your companion are in row 1 you will feel as though the pointy end is your own private area. Have not been on an A380 so can't compare. TV screens are quite big and so's the table. Very spacious. MAS F is better than Virgin's Upper Class and possibly just slightly better than QF F. But then I may be a tad biased as I grew up in Malaysia.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Service is excellent and do ask for row 1. If you and your companion are in row 1 you will feel as though the pointy end is your own private area. Have not been on an A380 so can't compare. TV screens are quite big and so's the table. Very spacious. MAS F is better than Virgin's Upper Class and possibly just slightly better than QF F. But then I may be a tad biased as I grew up in Malaysia.

Any place to read trip reports with pics?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:58 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Sorry I never think to take pictures nor write trip reports when on board planes. Fabulous resorts are another story. I did a search, try these.

http://www.johnnyjet.com/folder/arch...y01172007.html

http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/bes...109flying.html
Old Sep 23, 2008, 5:52 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi Porsche,

I have travelled in F on the 747-400 before on MH. My route was LAX-TPE-KUL. As you can see its a long haul.

I must say I really enjoyed the flight experience in F. I have travelled many times in C (Business Class) on MH 772 and 744 to compare it. The F seat i loved. Fully flat bed. FA's make up the bed etc for you. Enjoyed the Dom too!

I have some pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7630719...7603996733079/

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Kenn.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 7:05 am

In the past 12 months I've flown in F on EY, QF, BA, & MH. Of these MH is my favourite. Excellent service, great food & wines, spacious cabin, comfortable seat/bed, and nice lounges. If you are traveling solo, 2A & 2K are the best seats.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Recently I have been on TG, SQ, and MH First. MH easily beats TG (except for fantastic ground service in BKK). I liked the space in MH First better then First on SQ 777-300ER. Service in MH First is the best of all of these airlines.
Enjoy. WLGNZ
Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I am assuming you will be on one of the new F seats on a 747. All F seats were newly refurbished about a couple of years ago.

Cabin service is up there with the top Asian airlines in terms of grovelling to F pax. Champagne is Dom P. I was once the only pax in F and I had the whole bottle to myself. Satay is always served as a signature before the main meal service. Some pax love this and others complain that curries should never be allowed in-flight.

What I do like is the switch for the electric window blinds, the first I have seen on the plane. There are three settings - open, sun-shade and black-out.

Seats are nice but now to the level of sophistication as the new F on CX or SQ. The space between all the seats appear to be wider than on BA; maybe the seating area is not as wide. These F seats go fully flat. The table area is absolutely massive.

MH prices are pricey and as such, they never seem to be that full. MH is making losses but they have not cut back on in-flight amenities or service. If you are flying MH F back to LHR, the MH F lounges is one of the best lounges around (would only put the VS LHR Clubhouse as better) and it is never that busy. You can get a great made to order meal there along with a buffet.

Last edited by KenJohn; Sep 29, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.