FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian F??
Thread: Malaysian F??
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:03 pm
KenJohn

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I am assuming you will be on one of the new F seats on a 747. All F seats were newly refurbished about a couple of years ago.

Cabin service is up there with the top Asian airlines in terms of grovelling to F pax. Champagne is Dom P. I was once the only pax in F and I had the whole bottle to myself. Satay is always served as a signature before the main meal service. Some pax love this and others complain that curries should never be allowed in-flight.

What I do like is the switch for the electric window blinds, the first I have seen on the plane. There are three settings - open, sun-shade and black-out.

Seats are nice but now to the level of sophistication as the new F on CX or SQ. The space between all the seats appear to be wider than on BA; maybe the seating area is not as wide. These F seats go fully flat. The table area is absolutely massive.

MH prices are pricey and as such, they never seem to be that full. MH is making losses but they have not cut back on in-flight amenities or service. If you are flying MH F back to LHR, the MH F lounges is one of the best lounges around (would only put the VS LHR Clubhouse as better) and it is never that busy. You can get a great made to order meal there along with a buffet.

Last edited by KenJohn; Sep 29, 2008 at 5:11 pm