Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines (LCC Carrier from HKG) MASTER THREAD!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines (LCC Carrier from HKG) MASTER THREAD!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:03 pm

I was hoping. I saw that even Air Canada (on some flights) have the TV and power plug and USB plug. Oh well. At least there's that 14 channel IFE. I hope there's some English stuff. I'd hate to be watching HK serials since I've been away from those for decades and have no interest in watching anymore. Not that it's such a bad thing but I do hope there's some selection. Any TV games?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: KE Skypass, CX Asia Miles, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by maceyr
I was hoping. I saw that even Air Canada (on some flights) have the TV and power plug and USB plug. Oh well. At least there's that 14 channel IFE. I hope there's some English stuff. I'd hate to be watching HK serials since I've been away from those for decades and have no interest in watching anymore. Not that it's such a bad thing but I do hope there's some selection. Any TV games?
Well, they're a LCC. Should be satisfied that they have PTVs~
Nope, there are no TV games.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:54 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
SJC also has a decent runway

11k feet if I recall correctly. Even better for me. It would be nice if SJC really was "international". Okay fine OUTside of N.America.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:13 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
Originally Posted by party_boy
It would be nice if SJC really was "international". Okay fine OUTside of N.America.
SJC used to be a focus city for American, which had flights to Taipei, Paris, and Tokyo, but they were all dropped after the dot-com bust.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 3:34 pm

Just flew oasis this weekend on business class (HKG-LGW).

For the price, I was very impressed. Will try and get a full trip report sorted when I'm less tired.

One thing of note, in the inflight magazine they showed Oasis's present and planned routes. Its showed SFO, but no Oakland.

Have finally got round to writing a trip report. Can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...59#post8110459

Last edited by theworld; Jul 24, 2007 at 11:00 am Reason: added link to trip report
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by noseconeflyer
you hit the nail on the head 10000 is not enough for very full 747 400 sfo has it by a length !!!
The 10,000 runway at Oakland is fine for a fully loaded 747 for all but days of 94 F + temps. There is also a stopzone for safety. Given a probable night departure, this would hardly be a factor. Even if it was daytime, the number of total hours of delays waiting for the temp to go below 94 F would almost certainly be less than waiting for SFO low ceiling delays.

SJC's 11,000 ft runway is almost equivalent in takeoff availabilities because of obstacle clearance. If Oasis chooses SFO over OAK, its probably about convenience/cost instead of runway space.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:50 pm

Just checked out the results of the 2007 World Airline Awards, and guess what I found out? OASiS ranked 3rd in Best LCC - Asia. I know it's not a big title at all, but at least it's a good start for an airline that is only 9 months old!
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by KE7172
Just checked out the results of the 2007 World Airline Awards, and guess what I found out? OASiS ranked 3rd in Best LCC - Asia. I know it's not a big title at all, but at least it's a good start for an airline that is only 9 months old!
These guys send me round trip from North America to HKG with a legrest for < $2KUS and they win best Dulcamara LCC no problem!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
O8'S Alpha and Bravo aircraft are ex-SQ while the Charline aircraft is ex-NH.

The ex-NH will be reconfigured to the same interior as the two ex-SQ aircraft.

I just finished a project working with O8 and inquired about these two configurations. They cannot know what plane will be on route on what day to far in advance with their three aircraft rotation, so they need to standardize the aircraft for sales and maintenance reasons. Once reconfigured there will be power in the ex-NH aircraft.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Flew from Vancouver on Friday and upgrades to the old ANA 1st class was going for CAD150
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by sefrischling
O8'S Alpha and Bravo aircraft are ex-SQ while the Charline aircraft is ex-NH.

The ex-NH will be reconfigured to the same interior as the two ex-SQ aircraft.

I just finished a project working with O8 and inquired about these two configurations. They cannot know what plane will be on route on what day to far in advance with their three aircraft rotation, so they need to standardize the aircraft for sales and maintenance reasons. Once reconfigured there will be power in the ex-NH aircraft.
Reconfigured?! But where on earth can they find those ex-SQ seats...unless they are reconfiguring the ex-SQ aircrafts as well. Since they are reconfiguring, it would be nice if they offer lie-flat J seats and AVOD ^
Old Aug 6, 2007, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
No idea where they will find the seats. I just know I was informed the Charlie aircraft, and the following Delta and Echo aircraft would all eventually be reconfig'd to match the same interior as the Alpha and Bravo aircraft.

I flew HKG-YVR, spent 58min in YVR and hopped right back on the plane to fly back to HKG for the project I was photographing with O8 and the seats were pretty damn comfy up front.

I sat in the back, in Y, for a few hours while waiting for things to shoot in flight and found the head rests and IFE better than any North American product currently serving the US/Asia routes.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by sefrischling
No idea where they will find the seats. I just know I was informed the Charlie aircraft, and the following Delta and Echo aircraft would all eventually be reconfig'd to match the same interior as the Alpha and Bravo aircraft.

I flew HKG-YVR, spent 58min in YVR and hopped right back on the plane to fly back to HKG for the project I was photographing with O8 and the seats were pretty damn comfy up front.

I sat in the back, in Y, for a few hours while waiting for things to shoot in flight and found the head rests and IFE better than any North American product currently serving the US/Asia routes.
Maybe they might just reconfigure all their planes, even the SQ planes, to one standard, as opposed to reconfiguing the ANA planes to be like the SQ planes.

But wouldn't that be a massive cost for them?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by theworld
Maybe they might just reconfigure all their planes, even the SQ planes, to one standard, as opposed to reconfiguing the ANA planes to be like the SQ planes.

But wouldn't that be a massive cost for them?
Although indeed it's a massive cost, but this would be very convenient when they buy other planes later on, because lots of 747-400s that carriers are using right now having first class (eg. MH...but if they buy them, it would be a shame to reconfigure them as they are all fitted with MH new products^).

Indeed this would be a massive cost as it would be stupid if they reconfigure the seats with crappy J seats and traditional PTVs. So I guess they will use some better products? If they really do, THEY ROCK!!!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:03 am

Programs: CX MPC
Oasis business class seat pitch

I've noticed that Oasis have quietly changed their advertising recently, and now talk about 50-60" seat pitch in business class instead of the straight 60" they previously claimed. Does this mean that some J-class seats are configured as 50" and others 60" in the same aircraft?

I'm flying HKG-LGW with them later in the year and would like to reserve the better seat if I can identify which ones to go for.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.