Wiki Posts
Search

Dynasty Flyer Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 1999, 2:55 am
dwu
Original Poster

Dynasty Flyer Certificates

My wife and I each received a Dynasty Flyer certificate for having reached 20,000 miles. Is it possible to transfer these miles into another airline's frequent flyer program? We don't expect to fly often enough to use these on China. (Or perhaps someone would be interested in a coupon exchange?)

-David
[email protected]
Old Sep 3, 1999, 10:42 am

I have asked this same question of CI in the US, and the answer is you're stuck with the certificate. CO won't take them as a miles transfer. You can use them for award travel on CO and some other airlines if you have enough certs, but not for upgrades on airlines other than CI. Perhaps Kyklin knows of a way.

[This message has been edited by Eidetic (edited 09-03-1999).]
Old Sep 3, 1999, 11:30 am
Original Member

Thanks Eidetic.

I am not a real expert on CI but I do know that once you have deposited your miles into CI's DFF program, you cannot transfer them into Continental's program.

Therefore, the strategy going forward is the next time you fly CI, deposit the miles into CO's program. This way, you can use CO miles on both CO and CI inaddition to CO's airline partners such as NWA, Eva, Qantas, etc.
Old Sep 3, 1999, 11:48 am
Original Member

Addendum:

While you may transfer the award certificates to someone else, the certificates must bear the same membership number to be used for awards (upgrade/free tix).

For example, your wife can designate her coupon to you, but you won't be able to use the two certificates for one free CO coach ticket (not to mention the bad transfer ration since 40k miles will net a first class domestic ticket on US-based airlines).

The two best things about CI's program are 1) its 180,000 mile (9 certificates) for 2 first class US-Asia seats, a 25% discount vs US airlines, and 2) buy 1 business class ticket and get another one free using 3 certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.