Wiki Posts
Search

China Airline's airline partners. Any?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 1999, 4:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

China Airline's airline partners. Any?

American Airline stopped their affiliation with China Airlines in May. From CI's web site, they said one could deposit AA and CO's mile into their Dynasty Flyer program.

However, which airline can one deposit CI's miles into?
Old Aug 18, 1999, 5:20 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I could well be wrong on this one, but I thought NW worked out some kind of deal with AA. I'm not sure how extensive the relationship is if any.

Please note: This should read with CI, not AA

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 08-18-1999).]

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 08-19-1999).]
Old Aug 18, 1999, 6:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

NW, AA, ???
Old Aug 18, 1999, 6:29 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Actually with China Air- CI, not AA. Sorry! Poor typing as well as undertain advice. I thought I did read this recently however. Don't know if this info is included on the NW website. Also, I may just be confusing NWA service operated by CA, from SHA-PEK and PEK-SHA.

Just reread your post and only now realize that you already the earned miles with CI and want to move them out. A much more difficult question. Have you by chance talked to the folks at CI?

One other non-sophisticated way to possibly find out more about who they are "cozying up" with these days with regard to US carriers is to try and book a flight with them (CI) to the US, and see who they suggest you fly within the states. If they have a deal with NW to replace AA, they likely try to have you fly on their "partner."

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 08-18-1999).]
Old Aug 18, 1999, 8:10 pm

According to Continental's One Pass Partner Guide, all China Airlines' flights systemwide earn actual miles in the CO program. There are 25% and 50% bonuses for business and first class respectively.

After calling CI's HNL ticket office, I was told that Dynasty Flyer Points could only be used for awards on CI and not for CO or any other airline. The agent seemed unsure though so you could try calling and asking yourself:

HNL 808.955.0088
LAX 800.227.5118 ext.5

Titus
Old Aug 18, 1999, 10:10 pm

kyklin, you wrote, "they said one could deposit AA and CO's mile into their Dynasty Flyer program". I don't think that is accurate. The only way to accrue miles in the Dynasty Flyer program is by flying CI or Mandarin Airlines (e.g., CI sometimes flies Mandarin 747s to HNL instead of CI aircraft). One can REDEEM travel awards on CI using CO miles, but that is different from "depositing" miles.

Old Aug 19, 1999, 10:38 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks Titus. I called CI as well, their answer was that CI flights earn miles on CO.

Eidetic:

From CI's web site:
Mileage credits accumulated on other Airlines

1.If a member fly on a full fare ticket on any regularly scheduled flights of American Arilines (AA) or American Eagle between points in the continental U.S., Hawaii, Canada, Bermuda, the Bahamas or the Caribbean (not including code sharing flights AA-6000 through AA-7999 with other airlines), he will accumulate mileage credits in his DFP account.
2.If a member fly regularly scheduled flights of Continental Airlines (including Continental Micronesia and Continental Express, but excluding code share flights with other airlines), he will accumulate full mileage credits.
Old Aug 20, 1999, 12:53 am

Thanks for the correction, kyklin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.