Wiki Posts
Search

Starlux economy seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Starlux economy seat selection

Anyone have experience with seat selection in Y? If not prepay, can select seat at OLCI 24-48hr before departure?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by italdesign
Anyone have experience with seat selection in Y? If not prepay, can select seat at OLCI 24-48hr before departure?
Starlux flights always have loads of empty seats as they are just not getting the business from the paying public due to lousy customer service and too many flight cancellations due to empty planes. The Starlux system is a joke even a top tier FF Insighter level, has to pay for seats in Y. Just not worth paying for a seat with them and good luck choosing a seat !!

Last edited by leosantos; Jul 28, 2023 at 12:55 am
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by leosantos
Starlux flights always have loads of empty seats as they are just not getting the business from the paying public due to lousy customer service and too many flight cancellations due to empty planes. The Stralux system is a joke even a top tier FF Insighter level, has to pay for seats in Y.
You still didn’t answer his question. Just ranting around, are you feeling ok?

And yes, answer to the question, you can book 48h before, atleast I did that pre-covid.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 10:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, GarudaMiles
Since there's not many review out there, I'll be trying their A321neo on Y, any suggestion which seat should I take, or any seat that should I avoid? I bet the front row of Y class is extra paid seat, any idea how much will it cost?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Not much traffic on flyertalk for Starlux, I guess this maybe the best thread to ask,

Booked a round trip flight on Starlux using Alaska miles from LAX to TPE, but there’s no way to pull up the itinerary using the booking code on Starlux website, hence no way to view or select seats.

Seeing this thread, are seat selections paid? Or can only be selected during check in?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Not much traffic on flyertalk for Starlux, I guess this maybe the best thread to ask,

Booked a round trip flight on Starlux using Alaska miles from LAX to TPE, but there’s no way to pull up the itinerary using the booking code on Starlux website, hence no way to view or select seats.

Seeing this thread, are seat selections paid? Or can only be selected during check in?
Starlux discussion is mainly located in the Alaska part of the forum.
You can call Starlux and make a seat reservation free of charge I think.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vivere
Starlux discussion is mainly located in the Alaska part of the forum.
You can call Starlux and make a seat reservation free of charge I think.
Economy no free seat selection
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leosantos
Economy no free seat selection
Well, it depends on how you define "free". They have different economy fare classes and, like most airlines, the cheapest ones do not include free seat selection.

https://www.starlux-airlines.com/en-...t/fare-product
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedElmo

Does it not pull up on this page: https://www.starlux-airlines.com/en-...manage-my-trip ?

You will need either the JX Locator or the AS ticket number.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by username
Well, it depends on how you define "free". They have different economy fare classes and, like most airlines, the cheapest ones do not include free seat selection.

https://www.starlux-airlines.com/en-...t/fare-product
You only get the free seat bby paying an arm and a leg for a forward or standard seat. This airline is a joke.Read the comments here https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...usiness-class/ Basically as one guy wrote, its a budget airline with bells and whistles, thats all.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by username
Does it not pull up on this page: https://www.starlux-airlines.com/en-...manage-my-trip ?

You will need either the JX Locator or the AS ticket number.
With AS award ticket you can't do anything on Starlux' website - this means missing out on pre-select meals, pre-order duty free

FYI I've made 2 separate JX bookings using AS miles in economy between NRT and TPE. The Dec 1 booking I was able to call JX US call center and have "forward" seats assigned - this was under the 3-category economy so AS tickets were assigned either as "Basic" or "Full" which included "forward" seat selection, 2 piece luggage, etc

The Dec 8 booking I have not been able to get seat assigned, this is under the 4-category economy as per picture above, so now it's either "Limited" or "Savings", uncertain how much luggage I would be allowed, but not planning to check-in more than 1 piece anyways
Old Oct 25, 2023, 12:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
With AS award ticket you can't do anything on Starlux' website - this means missing out on pre-select meals, pre-order duty free

FYI I've made 2 separate JX bookings using AS miles in economy between NRT and TPE. The Dec 1 booking I was able to call JX US call center and have "forward" seats assigned - this was under the 3-category economy so AS tickets were assigned either as "Basic" or "Full" which included "forward" seat selection, 2 piece luggage, etc

The Dec 8 booking I have not been able to get seat assigned, this is under the 4-category economy as per picture above, so now it's either "Limited" or "Savings", uncertain how much luggage I would be allowed, but not planning to check-in more than 1 piece anyways
Speaking from bad experience, just hope you dont need to call Starlux customer services. The service is virtually non existent.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 1:05 pm
Suspended

In economy class, the general rules of thumb is: 1. avoid middle seat, 2. avoid near kitchen galley, 3. avoid near lavatory.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
Just find out the hard way, the partner award booking fee (nonrefundable) $12.50. Even within 24 hours canceled.
Lesson learn.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by moon4fun
Just find out the hard way, the partner award booking fee (nonrefundable) $12.50. Even within 24 hours canceled.
Lesson learn.
You mean AS ? I got it refunded after calling within 24 hours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.