Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare disappearing for China Southern flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Fare disappearing for China Southern flights

I'm trying to book a economy saver fare between nyc and Kuala Lumpur and then a return from Jakarta to NYC on China Southern airlines for June/July of 2020. When I do a search on the China southern site I'm able to find the flights I want at a great price and then when I go to book the flights after entering passenger details it says that the flights are no longer available at that price. When I do the search again right after this rejection the low fare is no longer available. So I wait till the next day, do the search again and it shows as available but after I try to book, it gets rejected again. Same thing happened the day after. Is this just a hopeless teaser or is there a trick I'm missing?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DC flier2
I'm trying to book a economy saver fare between nyc and Kuala Lumpur and then a return from Jakarta to NYC on China Southern airlines for June/July of 2020. When I do a search on the China southern site I'm able to find the flights I want at a great price and then when I go to book the flights after entering passenger details it says that the flights are no longer available at that price. When I do the search again right after this rejection the low fare is no longer available. So I wait till the next day, do the search again and it shows as available but after I try to book, it gets rejected again. Same thing happened the day after. Is this just a hopeless teaser or is there a trick I'm missing?
Did you try ctrip, Expedia, Orbitz, etc? I would much rather deal with a decent OTA than China Southern itself.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Yep, tried Orbitz several times over a few days. Same result. It displays the low fare and then after I enter all the booking details and try to purchase the ticket, it says that the fare is sold out but then a day later it's "available" again when I do the same search.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DC flier2
Yep, tried Orbitz several times over a few days. Same result. It displays the low fare and then after I enter all the booking details and try to purchase the ticket, it says that the fare is sold out but then a day later it's "available" again when I do the same search.
It's possible that you're trying to book too far out. Lots of Chinese airlines have fairly short booking windows (e.g. even 45 days is common for discounted domestic fares).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.