Search

Minimum connection at SGN QR to VN?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Minimum connection at SGN QR to VN?

I am looking to arrive overnight from DOH on QR, landing like 7:15am. I need to connect to PQC. There's a 9:30am and the next flight isn't until like 1:30pm. I would obviously like to avoid spending hours in SGN, but is that too tight or will it be possible to make the connection to the 9:30am?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Can the OP clarify is this is with separate tickets or not?

​​​
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
Can the OP clarify is this is with separate tickets or not?

​​​
Separate. Would be landing on a QR flight that would be part of a OW RTW ticket and connecting to a VN SGN-PQC domestic flight.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC
I think you need to assume you will have to clear immigration, collect bags, clear customs, check in, clear security, etc.

QR will by their own policy interline to other oneworld carriers but there are occasions when this doesn't work due to lack of knowledge or grumpy check in agents. There have been very occasional reports of QR check in agents interlining to other carriers, you really cannot depend upon that kind of mistake happening.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I don't know wen you are flying, but there are plenty of VN flights SGN-PQC.during the day.
Currently there is one at 9:10 (not 9:30) and several after that (12:05, 13:35, ...).
You will have to clear immigration, collect your bags, move to the domestic terminal and recheck your bags. That will take time. It is certainly doable in 2 hours. But unclear if your QR flight is delayed by 30min, if your bags are slow to be delivered and without priority, if you need a visa on arrival...
But Vietnam domestic flights are so cheap! You can buy a one way ticket for USD20. SO I would not worry too much.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
I don't know wen you are flying, but there are plenty of VN flights SGN-PQC.during the day.
Currently there is one at 9:10 (not 9:30) and several after that (12:05, 13:35, ...).
You will have to clear immigration, collect your bags, move to the domestic terminal and recheck your bags. That will take time. It is certainly doable in 2 hours. But unclear if your QR flight is delayed by 30min, if your bags are slow to be delivered and without priority, if you need a visa on arrival...
But Vietnam domestic flights are so cheap! You can buy a one way ticket for USD20. SO I would not worry too much.
We will not be checking any luggage. This is for travel around NYE, so flights are considerably more expensive (landing 12/28), at the moment when I search on Kayak I only see the 9:30 or a 1:30, perhaps the flights in between are sold out? Assuming we are carryon only, should this be possible if we check in online for the VN flight and have our BPs ready to go?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:12 am

My advice on VN domestic flights is that this far out flight times are very likely to change, prices are often expensive this far out then at 12-8 weeks out often prices dip. I would wait until perhaps August or September before settling in your phu quoc flights.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For VN domestic flights there is no reason to purchase expensive fares now. 28 Dec. should not be that busy and the fares are likely to drop closer to departure + if you you purchase the ticket now it is very likely that you will have a 1 or more schedule changes. There is nothing to worry about. If you miss the flight to PQC just pay to get rebooked to this next flight - change fees in VN are modest and so will the upfare be.

Anyway, to answer your question: 2:15min should be more than sufficient to clear immigration and head for the dom. terminal (5 min walking) for check-in.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks, I will wait a bit and watch the fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.