Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airlines transit through Manila

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by YVR guy
Absolutely incorrect. After just flying this trip I had the option to transfer from T1 to T2 Airside or Landside.

However due to the long layover I opted to enter the country for a few hours. For some bizarre reason they still want you to go to the transfer desk to get a "manifest" to present to the immigration officer. PAL then has a "premium" free shuttle landside from T1 to T2. Or you can take the regular free airport landside terminal shuttle.
That must be anew development. Granted, its been almost a year since I was last at MNL, but the shuttle was for PAL pax only, landside. Still, good news. Maybe it can make a connection at MNL at least tolerable now.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The last time I saw PAL to PAL is done airside. Otherwise I think and I did it landslide. The Airport has a free shuttle between terminals on landslide.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by eneq
That must be anew development. Granted, its been almost a year since I was last at MNL, but the shuttle was for PAL pax only, landside. Still, good news. Maybe it can make a connection at MNL at least tolerable now.
it's all a mystery to PAL as well - they could not provide a definitive answer when I contacted them a few months back

but good to hear airside transfer is possible
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I'm typing this on PR5118 (makeup flight for PR118 cancelled Dec 3rd due to typhoon).

I would not recommend transit through MNL with children, family, or even SO between terminals unless you enjoy chaos, long wait. You're best off having stopover in MNL, book GRAB to hotel and relax during your stay.

Also be wary of IRROP with PR as they created impossible itinerary for me (TPE-MNL and MNL-YYZ) overlapping same time period. I made my way to MNL on my own, PR assured me my return portion of ticket will still be there but I'm not so sure.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In January 2020 my family flew UA GUM-MNL, arriving 21:30, with a flight the next morning PR MNL-DGT at 06:00 on a separate reservation. Both flights were to or from Terminal 3.

However, PR check‐in and baggage check did not open until 02:00.

So instead of sleeping for several hours in a lounge, we got some fitful minutes of sleep at the check-in and boarding areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.