Wiki Posts
Search

Guangzhou T2 International Transit

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Guangzhou T2 International Transit

Has anyone done an Intl-Intl transit in the new terminal at Guangzhou as I can't see a thread about it? I've only transited in the old terminal and wondered if the procedures were different.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:59 pm

​​​​Scroll down to the thread about accommodation at Baiyun airport. Near the end of the thread there is a description.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bub001
​​​​Scroll down to the thread about accommodation at Baiyun airport. Near the end of the thread there is a description.
No, not really. The other thread concerns TWOV; I would like to know about a straight INT-INT transfer.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by Ardecos; Jun 1, 2018 at 2:27 pm Reason: Aah, finger trouble again
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:17 pm

From the other thread...

New terminal changes for this guide.
Since China Southern moved to their new terminal 2 building, a couple of things has been changed about this guide.

After disembarking, look for the transfer signs (pink) then go to the transfer service desk after going through the health checks. A China Southern representative Will guide You.
Fill in the blue arrival cards that are available there. Hand over the passport and arrival card to a police/customs officer and wait in the waiting area.
After You get your passport back, go through customs with the sign TRANSIT. After getting your stamp, move through the bagage claim area and go landside. Look for gate 50! Their is a special hotel accomodation desk. You Will get a sticker with the hotel name, and a taxi/bus driver Will pick You up according to You sticker.

Not sure what else you need to know? If you’re not leaving the airport, just go to the transfer desk and follow the instructions and signs to return to the departures zone, including lounges if you have access.

Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

From the other thread...

New terminal changes for this guide.
Since China Southern moved to their new terminal 2 building, a couple of things has been changed about this guide.

After disembarking, look for the transfer signs (pink) then go to the transfer service desk after going through the health checks. A China Southern representative Will guide You.
Fill in the blue arrival cards that are available there. Hand over the passport and arrival card to a police/customs officer and wait in the waiting area.
After You get your passport back, go through customs with the sign TRANSIT. After getting your stamp, move through the bagage claim area and go landside. Look for gate 50! Their is a special hotel accomodation desk. You Will get a sticker with the hotel name, and a taxi/bus driver Will pick You up according to You sticker.

Not sure what else you need to know? If you’re not leaving the airport, just go to the transfer desk and follow the instructions and signs to return to the departures zone, including lounges if you have access.

I have now found China Southern's own guide and it is :

Get off the plane ---> go through customs ---> go through transit formalities at the international-international transfer counter on the second floor ---> go through customs ---> security check ---> take the elevator on the second floor to the third floor ---> go to the international departures waiting hall ---> go to the departure boarding gate ---> board the plane

Although broadly similar to the description I have quoted from you, there is nothing in the CZ description about having to go landside.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:26 pm

You don’t have to go landslide unless you choose to do so (which you might well do if your layover is 8+ hours and you are deciding to take advantage of the free hotel on offer).

If you are connecting from a flight originating not from Asia to a flight in Asia, the chances are that your transit will be under 8 hours (and the same the other way round). If you are coming from “not Asia” and going to “not Asia” (e.g SYD-CAN-LHR), often - but not always- there is a long transit.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

You don’t have to go landslide unless you choose to do so (which you might well do if your layover is 8+ hours and you are deciding to take advantage of the free hotel on offer).

If you are connecting from a flight originating not from Asia to a flight in Asia, the chances are that your transit will be under 8 hours (and the same the other way round). If you are coming from “not Asia” and going to “not Asia” (e.g SYD-CAN-LHR), often - but not always- there is a long transit.
As of yesterday I had a 2 hour transit flying AMS-CAN-MEL, flying China Southern metal, but as part of a KLM booking. Hence my interest in making the transit as swiftly as possible.

As of today however, KLM have informed me that the 9 am flight CAN-MEL has been cancelled and we are now on the 9 pm flight, giving us 14 h in CAN and so it looks as though we will be going landside after all!!. However, the 9 am flight still seems to be bookable on the China Southern website, so maybe KLM are playing silly buggers and it is only the code-share has been discontinued, or something.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Has anyone here been in the T2 business lounge yet? I'd like to here your thoughts.

Bub001 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Andy49
Has anyone here been in the T2 business lounge yet? I'd like to here your thoughts.

I will be there on next Tuesday on my way to SIN. I’ll post my thoughts as soon as i can after my visit.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by divrdrew

I will be there on next Tuesday on my way to SIN. I’ll post my thoughts as soon as i can after my visit.

GREAT, maybe a few pictures too? I would also like to know where it is as I will be there in 4 weeks. Thanks, have a good trip.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:09 pm

There’s a review of the new lounge in T2 in the travel section of the New Zealand Herald. nzherald.co.nz
It seems very positive.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:33 pm

There’s a review of the new lounge in T2 in the travel section of the New Zealand Herald. nzherald.co.nz
It seems very positive.
Thank you very much for that, it sounds and looks very good for a Chinese lounge, here is the link https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/ne...ectid=12068774

Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: EXPLT
Any thoughts on intl --> intl transfer? Arrival terminal 1, and departure fm terminal 2. ETA is 1345 local, and departure is 1545 local. Two separate tickets, however only carry on luggage. From what I have read here, one can remain airside on an intl--> intl transfer. 2 hours should be OK?

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by b74l
Any thoughts on intl --> intl transfer? Arrival terminal 1, and departure fm terminal 2. ETA is 1345 local, and departure is 1545 local. Two separate tickets, however only carry on luggage. From what I have read here, one can remain airside on an intl--> intl transfer. 2 hours should be OK?

Thanks
Hmmmm you can certainly remain airside if you are Int to int in T2. But I don’t think that there is an airside transfer to T1. In fact, because you’re on 2 tickets, it’s not actually a transfer, is it? And I presume it’s a different airline since CZ all leave from T2 now? Good luck and please report back. If you have to clear customs and security, get a 24 hour visa (which can take a long time), then go to T1, check in, security etc..,I would not be confident at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.