FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guangzhou T2 International Transit
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:52 pm
Ardecos

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Bub001
You don’t have to go landslide unless you choose to do so (which you might well do if your layover is 8+ hours and you are deciding to take advantage of the free hotel on offer).

If you are connecting from a flight originating not from Asia to a flight in Asia, the chances are that your transit will be under 8 hours (and the same the other way round). If you are coming from “not Asia” and going to “not Asia” (e.g SYD-CAN-LHR), often - but not always- there is a long transit.
As of yesterday I had a 2 hour transit flying AMS-CAN-MEL, flying China Southern metal, but as part of a KLM booking. Hence my interest in making the transit as swiftly as possible.

As of today however, KLM have informed me that the 9 am flight CAN-MEL has been cancelled and we are now on the 9 pm flight, giving us 14 h in CAN and so it looks as though we will be going landside after all!!. However, the 9 am flight still seems to be bookable on the China Southern website, so maybe KLM are playing silly buggers and it is only the code-share has been discontinued, or something.