Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern Airline is terrible

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: None
The crew should be able to understand atleast 2 major languages. English and maybe French to be able to communicate with other passengers. Not everyone speaks mandarin.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been on a MU binge recently, taking 5 flights in 6 days. They were all 2 hour flights, all decent service and I slept well on all of them, even in economy. For Delta flyers, the economy fares in China really can't be beat for earning qualifying miles and if you mix in a cheap biz class fare every once in a while the miles really add up. One thing I can't understand is the inconsistency in catering, especially in first. Last night on CAN-SHA they had a nice meal and 2 choices of decent red wine. A month ago on SHA-CTU I asked for wine and was told they only had Qingdao Beer. PVG-KUL gets horrible food while PVG-BKK or PVG-SIN seems to get better. I just don't understand how they cater these things. Anyway, I can confidently say that I'd rather be traveling around China taking MU, CA and CZ than traveling around the USA on DL, AA or UA.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Surfing the food... (didn't know the food can surf).
Yes, those are the 'sliders'.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PeterontheRoad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GklGwklmszs

China Eastern looks like
unfriendly , rude, always behind the timetable, never get on the phone, surfing food what is terrible ...look by yourself
and they bloody smoke in the cockpit from on work to off.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by exwannabe
It is fairly rare to find truly "rude" customer service in Asia. And certainly have never see it on any airline.

On the language issue, even if one can not take the time to learn the local language they can make do, Learn to speak Simplified English (that is easy). Understand how hard it is for you to speak Mandarin/Japanese/Thai/.... , and realize they have the same issue talking to you in English.

My biggest issue with the language is that we have to waste 50% of the bandwidth for the endless "please" and "thank yous" that are interspersed almost at random :-)
no? I can assure you its really easy. I was told “ive just served you just now” in mandarin as she was approaching me. I totally didnt get the hostileness.
mind you, it wasnt a Taiwanese airline, who always give good service.

Originally Posted by travelinmanS

You need a VPN to access the websites that China blocks, this is certainly not “most” foreign websites. Anyhow, it’s free and for me free beats anything else.
the need of a vpn itself already is an instant turn off. U still hv paid for a flight and its not “free”

Originally Posted by Mama
Again, the term "comfortable" is relative. What are you comparing CA with? UA? AA? or SQ? all A320?
they have a bloody stench of smoke in there. I would not feel safe flying one of those aircraft from china.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:05 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the OP has apparently posted this as a rant, and has not returned to the thread, the thread is now closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.