Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern Airline is terrible

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

China Eastern Airline is terrible

China Eastern looks like
unfriendly , rude, always behind the timetable, never get on the phone, surfing food what is terrible ...look by yourself
kaka and Isochronous like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:55 am

I have seen the sentence "xyz Airlines is terrible" or "I will never fly xyz Airlines ever again" associated with every single airline.
trooper, clubeurope and ffay005 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PeterontheRoad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GklGwklmszs

China Eastern looks like
unfriendly , rude, always behind the timetable, never get on the phone, surfing food what is terrible ...look by yourself
MU is certainly not my favorite airline. In fact, I've had many miserable experiences with them. That having been said, the same can be said about many other airlines. Furthermore, the video you posted is needlessly politicized; MU has ZERO relationship with China's internet policies.
Laowai and Bosco1 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MU offers free WIFI on almost all long haul flights. That alone makes it not terrible.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
"Mao Zedong thought is the never-setting sun," so are gratuitous gripes about an airline without making any substantive point about why that airline is so terrible. If MU made a service blunder, I'd like to hear why/how they failed the customer.
Bosco1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:54 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the appropriate airline forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
This is nothing more than a political statement. Mods...why is this thread even here?
wxman22 and Bosco1 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
There IT based customer support is garbage. But anytime I have had to call I have had excellent service.

Generally cheapest lie-flat direct aisle access TPAC flights (and that goes a long way).

In the last 2 years, no serious connection/delay/cancellation issues. Connections at PVG have been fast and easy.

Any video that starts out with a political message to rant against a corporation is worthless.
Bosco1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: asia miles
I fly them on domestic flight and between HKG and china.

"unfriendly , rude". I'd franly fly them anyday compare to CX these days. I never had any rude experience on MU, just the opposiute

"always behind the timetable": never had serious delay and anyway the airlines is not responsible for ATC delays

"never get on the phone": well each time I called to change a flight it just took me a few minutes to get an operator

"food what is terrible"" not worse than other airlines if you ask me. I like the fact that still give a hot meal on those domestic segment
Bosco1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by PeterontheRoad

China Eastern looks like
Your entire YouTube video is while the plane is on the ground and taking off... We need the proof of the rudeness, unfriendliness that you mention, as well behind the timetable or what?
Never get on the phone? Surfing the food... (didn't know the food can surf).

1) Its a Chinese airline. The flight attendants probably cannot speak English well and therefore can come across as rude. Did you attempt to speak Chinese to them?
2) So if they are trying to speak in broken English, it may come across as rude.
3) Don't know about that.
4) Airline food is airline food.
5) At least you got a seat to yourself.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by blandy62
I fly them on domestic flight and between HKG and china.
Flights between Hong Kong and cities in China aren't actually domestic flights...
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Flights between Hong Kong and cities in China aren't actually domestic flights...
Same planes, same crews, same food.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
MU offers free WIFI on almost all long haul flights. That alone makes it not terrible.
I think you need vpn to access most of the foreign websites such as facebook or youtube as they are blocked?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I think you need vpn to access most of the foreign websites such as facebook or youtube as they are blocked?
You need a VPN to access the websites that China blocks, this is certainly not “most” foreign websites. Anyhow, it’s free and for me free beats anything else.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: asia miles
Originally Posted by clubeurope
That's why I say I said I fly the on domestic flight AND between HKG and china because technically they are international flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.