Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines TPE Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tris06
......Also I find terminal 1 has a better arrivals than terminal 2. So if he is flying in from DPS then that should be terminal 1.....
Immigration is often clogged up by groups of Chinese tourists who are all in T2.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
Immigration is often clogged up by groups of Chinese tourists who are all in T2.
So yes it depends on which terminal you are going through. Early morning arrivals at T2 is okay as there are no short hual flights arriving before 8am/9am.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by tris06
So yes it depends on which terminal you are going through. Early morning arrivals at T2 is okay as there are no short hual flights arriving before 8am/9am.
2100 @ T1 arrival. APEC card but have family and not technically on business. Thoughts?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

T1 will not be that busy at that time. But not dead as well as quite a few short haul flights arrive between 7-9pm. Fridays may be more busy if it is on that particular day with people coming back home for the weekend.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Originally Posted by jamienbaker

While I have your attention, since we arrive so late we were thinking of just heading to the Novotel, spending the night, and THEN taking the train into the city for Dim Sum the next morn. Seems easier and less taxing then heading straight into the city upon our arrival at 2100, though I'm tempted to check out the W. We typically fly via SIN or HKG when we visit Bali, both of which appear (to me) to be much more proximate to the city center.

Best, Jamie
Hi, did some of the things you mentioned just this past weekend.
Some thoughts:
1. Arrival T1 1930hrs last Friday night was pandemonium. Took 45minutes for the "foreigner" line to snake through. Noted that by 2030hrs pax flow was much less so hopefully your 2100hrs arrival will be much faster.
2. Novotel -- very convenient with its own shuttle. Hotel itself fine, but nothing great. (Spent one night here as was arriving late.) Then I transferred to...
3. W Taipei -- fab. Got a Taipei 101 view room and it was spectacular. But am berating myself for spending only 2 nights here -- lots to do and see nearby. So my take is limiting yourself to just a few hours might be frustrating? The taxi ride one way is about NTD1200-1400, or USD30-40, takes 35-40 minutes if not much traffic.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Felix Felicis
Hi, did some of the things you mentioned just this past weekend.
Some thoughts:
1. Arrival T1 1930hrs last Friday night was pandemonium. Took 45minutes for the "foreigner" line to snake through. Noted that by 2030hrs pax flow was much less so hopefully your 2100hrs arrival will be much faster.
2. Novotel -- very convenient with its own shuttle. Hotel itself fine, but nothing great. (Spent one night here as was arriving late.) Then I transferred to...
3. W Taipei -- fab. Got a Taipei 101 view room and it was spectacular. But am berating myself for spending only 2 nights here -- lots to do and see nearby. So my take is limiting yourself to just a few hours might be frustrating? The taxi ride one way is about NTD1200-1400, or USD30-40, takes 35-40 minutes if not much traffic.
Hope this helps.
1. Fingers crossed. Indeed, a Friday. In Summer.
2. Yes, looks adequate. Vacation is basically over at this point. Goal isn’t to visit Taipei, it’s merely to get home. Still, we like to explore new places.
3. 35-40 min on a Friday night? We will have just spend a week at W Bali, and would be happy to keep the party going. But I thought ride would be over an hour.
4. Back on topic, is the T1 lounge worth the effort? Traveling with teens but they move efficiently.

Jamie
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Ref T1 lounge, it was crowded when I got there, last Monday noontime. Food adequate. They had a noodle bar, some buffet food. Took me 5 minutes to find an empty seat. Ok to grab a bite, and maybe stay for 30 minutes. No comparison to CX HKG lounges -- any one of them would have more space. Well, except maybe The Cabin on a crowded afternoon. Not sure how your family can find seats for all of you in one section. I imagine it would be just as crowded before evening flights to U.S.?
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Ref T1 lounge, it was crowded when I got there, last Monday noontime. Food adequate. They had a noodle bar, some buffet food. Took me 5 minutes to find an empty seat. Ok to grab a bite, and maybe stay for 30 minutes. No comparison to CX HKG lounges -- any one of them would have more space. Well, except maybe The Cabin on a crowded afternoon. Not sure how your family can find seats for all of you in one section. I imagine it would be just as crowded before evening flights to U.S.?
Terminal 1 lounge is quiet from 6pm onwards. The reason for this is most passengers going to USA,Australia and Canada is directed to the Terminal 2 lounge as the flights will be out of terminal 2.

The only flights going out at night is a couple of short haul... Bangkok and the last Hong Kong flight out say after 7pm. Also it is possible that their will be a flight to Amsterdam, Vienna and Maybe Rome but these are not daily flights (3/4 weekly) going out between 10pm to 12:30pm. So there will be seats available after 6pm. Showers are a little better In terminal 1.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:59 am

Sounds like it may not be worth the effort of arriving at the airport early. I had thought the facility was better reviewed. But I still like the idea that T1 may be more quiet during North American departure push...so I'll probably still head there.

Appreciate everyone's input - Jamie

BTW - as lounges go, we are the family that DOES typically schedule 2-3 hrs in places like the Wing, Pier, SQ Private Room, BA CCR, etc. So maybe this lounge isn't worth the usual time allocation.

Last edited by jamienbaker; Apr 11, 2018 at 10:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.