FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   China Airlines TPE Lounge Closure (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1874285-china-airlines-tpe-lounge-closure.html)

coolfish1103 Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm

China Airlines TPE Lounge Closure

China Airlines will be closing the lounge near boarding gate D4 effective immediately (apparently still open as of now) until end of the year for remodeling.

During this period passengers are advised to use the original Supreme Lounge (or try your best to get vouchers as there are only 130 seats inside).

Kacee Oct 27, 2017 12:41 am

What does this mean for those not familiar with the CI lounges at TPE? I was just about to book a J ticket to BKK for November but this could potentially be a deal killer.

Kiwi Flyer Oct 27, 2017 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28982751)
What does this mean for those not familiar with the CI lounges at TPE? I was just about to book a J ticket to BKK for November but this could potentially be a deal killer.

There is another CI lounge you can use. Depending on gate it may be closer or further than the lounge near D4.

coolfish1103 Oct 27, 2017 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28982751)

TPE-BKK uses lounge at T1 so you are not greatly affected. Not many pax will head to T1 as it's a long walk.

This lounge we are talking about is located in D4 which is in T2.

tris06 Oct 27, 2017 8:20 am

Does this likely mean the last CI staffed lounge is gone for good? And also will they just merge all the area into a single lounge like KLM does without a seperate section for emerald or paragon members?

Kacee Oct 27, 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 28982873)
TPE-BKK uses lounge at T1 so you are not greatly affected. Not many pax will head to T1 as it's a long walk.

This lounge we are talking about is located in D4 which is in T2.

I thought I had read that one of the lounges was much better than the other?

coolfish1103 Oct 27, 2017 11:07 am

Originally Posted by tris06 (Post 28983722)
Does this likely mean the last CI staffed lounge is gone for good? And also will they just merge all the area into a single lounge like KLM does without a seperate section for emerald or paragon members?

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28984307)

If you are not Emerald or Paragon there is really not much difference.

All lounges except D4 is now staffed and prepped by Kaohsiung Kitchen. D4 is currently staffed by China Airlines and prepped by China Pacific. In terms of space and ambience I'd say the Terminal 1 lounge wins hands down. However, in terms of catering then D4 lounge for Emerald and Paragon wins.

I would expect D4 to lose the China Airlines staff and China Pacific catering as well after this remodeling (not sure as of yet). To be honest I'm not sure what's there to remodel cause the space is limited around that area. Unless they can get more spaces from TPE all they can do is probably change the entire upstairs to Emerald and Paragon lounge (cause it's now congested).

The best could happen is to make D4 entirely an exclusive lounge for Paragon, Emerald (upstairs) and CI's own Business pax (downstairs). Gold, Skyteam and credit card users can stay at the original Supreme lounge.

MattTaiwan Oct 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28984307)

China Airlines Lounge (V1) at Terminal 1 just renovated few years ago and it's the best one if you compared with other current CI business class lounge in TPE Airport.

CI Superme Lounge at Terminal 2 is exclusively for Dynasty FFP Emerald or Paragon members, or Skyteam First Class passengers ex: Korean Air, which completed the renovation on Sep. 1 this year. However you won't get access into this lounge or the "Exclusive area" reserved for above passengers in V1 lounge as well.

It's followed China Airlines' NexGen design theme of "oriental literati aesthetics".

Here's the 3D view for China Airlines Lounge (V1) https://live.tourdash.com/embed/7cf9...a0a6472c19ba62

Lounge details of CI worldwide:
https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/en...-airport/index

Kacee Oct 28, 2017 7:17 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 28984406)
In terms of space and ambience I'd say the Terminal 1 lounge wins hands down.

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan (Post 28984931)
China Airlines Lounge (V1) at Terminal 1 just renovated few years ago and it's the best one if you compared with other current CI business class lounge in TPE Airport.

Thanks, great information! Sounds like this shouldn't be a concern for a BKK departure (as others already advised :) ).

TPJ Oct 29, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 28982873)
Not many pax will head to T1 as it's a long walk.

There is an intra-Terminal train. No need to walk.

coolfish1103 Oct 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan (Post 28984931)
CI Superme Lounge at Terminal 2 is exclusively for Dynasty FFP Emerald or Paragon members, or Skyteam First Class passengers ex: Korean Air, which completed the renovation on Sep. 1 this year. However you won't get access into this lounge or the "Exclusive area" reserved for above passengers in V1 lounge as well.

It's followed China Airlines' NexGen design theme of "oriental literati aesthetics".

Here's the 3D view for China Airlines Lounge (V1) https://live.tourdash.com/embed/7cf9...a0a6472c19ba62

Lounge details of CI worldwide:
https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/en...-airport/index

Supreme Lounge is no longer reserved for Emerald and Paragon. It's now downgraded to a regular lounge.

Exclusive area for T1 actually has less items on serve.

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 28990620)
There is an intra-Terminal train. No need to walk.

You can only use that train for one way. Once you are on airside you have to walk back once you past by A9 regardless. Not many like to walk.

MattTaiwan Oct 30, 2017 1:08 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 28991057)
Supreme Lounge is no longer reserved for Emerald and Paragon. It's now downgraded to a regular lounge.

Exclusive area for T1 actually has less items on serve.

You can only use that train for one way. Once you are on airside you have to walk back once you past by A9 regardless. Not many like to walk.

It's been a while since I last visited the Supreme Lounge. Originally they offered made-to-order dishes in Supreme Lounge and T1 exclusive area...:(

tris06 Oct 30, 2017 5:41 am

You can still order I think 3/4 dishes in the V1 lounge. But its quite a big reduction. My wife was surprised when all that could be ordered was on 1 page and then she commented that the food quality has decreased. Lets hope the airline realise they made a mistake on this one. As the lounge was winning them lots of praise.

coolfish1103 Oct 30, 2017 10:01 am

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan (Post 28993076)
It's been a while since I last visited the Supreme Lounge. Originally they offered made-to-order dishes in Supreme Lounge and T1 exclusive area...:(

Exclusive Area in T1 can only order 4 kinds of noodles. After you order they will ask you if you want tea egg and yam. These choices are all available outside. The only difference is someone is serving you, that's all.

There is actually more items available outside. The T1 Exclusive Area is kind of a joke these days.

MattTaiwan Nov 7, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 28994502)
Exclusive Area in T1 can only order 4 kinds of noodles. After you order they will ask you if you want tea egg and yam. These choices are all available outside. The only difference is someone is serving you, that's all.

There is actually more items available outside. The T1 Exclusive Area is kind of a joke these days.

Just checked my Flick album and found the following menu/pictures available for Supreme Lounge and T1 Exclusive Area in 2014 :o

Lounge Menu 貴賓室菜單

Made to Order 現做餐點

Breakfast 早餐 供應時間 0600-0900
- Mixed Vegetarian Salad 什錦沙拉(素)
- Congee with Side Ddishes 清粥小菜
- Scrambled Egg Highlighted with Mushroom 蘑菇炒蛋盒

精緻午晚餐 Lunch / Dinner 11:00-14:00 ; 19:00-21:00
- Prawn Salad with Thousand Island Dressing 鮮蝦沙拉千島醬
- Pan Fried Chicken Preserved with JingisuKan Sauce 成吉思汗醬雞排
- Sliced Short Ribs and Seasonal Vegetable 時蔬切片牛小排
- Steamed Rice with Braised Pig Pottitoes 豬腳飯

Taiwanese Cuisine 台灣料理

Chinese Hot Noodles 熱湯麵點
- Famous Taiwan Beef Noodle Soup 台灣牛肉面
- Three Treasures Beef Noodle Soup 牛肉三寶面
- Shrimp with XO Sauce Noodle XO醬蝦松面
- Wonton Noodle Soup 餛飩面
- Vegetable Noodle Soup 素齋湯麵
- Shrimp Dumplings 鮮蝦水餃
- Wonton with Red Chili Paste Sauce 紅油抄手
- Characteristic Fried Rice 特色炒飯
- Fish Ball Soup 魚丸湯

Dessert 精緻小點
- Dim Sum 港式燒賣
- Buns with Taros Stuffing (Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian) 芋頭包子(奶蛋素)
- Buns with Sweet Potato Stuffing (Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian) 地瓜包子(奶蛋素)
- Buns with Beancurd Stuffing (Vegetarian) 腐皮菜包子(素)
- Roasted Sweet Potato 烤地瓜
- Herbal Tea Egg 阿薩姆茶葉蛋

- Famous Taiwan Beef Noodle Soup 台灣牛肉面
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4375/...a4eec2c0_z.jpg

Exclusive Area in T1 offered:
- Steamed Rice Glazed with Braised Minced Pork Sauce 鹵肉飯
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4479/...49dc64df_z.jpg

- Steamed Rice Glazed with Shredded Chicken and Soya Sauce 雞肉飯
- Famous Taiwan Beef Noodle Soup but without noodle! 台灣牛肉湯
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4478/...62a8d431_z.jpg