Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Airlines - low cost or ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Note that on the HKG-MEL leg, you will be flying with VA, not HX. HX does not serve MEL in its own metal as it can't (or it would have done so by now!)

Theres some sort of JV going on between the two, with a HX flight attendant on the VA HKG-MEL flights.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC MM
Airfares from YVR have come down even further.
A return to HKG during the Christmas Holidays is now just over CAN$ 700, returns in 2018 are priced at just over $ 640.

This is quite a deal and I am really tempted, just still concerned about their track record but thinking that if it's just a nonstop flight, without any connections, risk is low for something to go wrong, at least that's what I am telling myself.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:59 am

Flying form BKK they only give out a snack (HK-style sausage roll) on most of the flights I've been on. I did once book a vegetarian meal and I was presented with... a packet of prawn crackers... :/ (which were vegetarian according to the label)

I thought they didn't serve meals, but I have been served them on a few flights (the one ex-HK at about 7.50am and the one ex-BKK at 11.25am and 8.50pm).

CX serve full-meals on all flights as do Emirates and, from what I understand, Thai.

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Airfares from YVR have come down even further.
A return to HKG during the Christmas Holidays is now just over CAN$ 700, returns in 2018 are priced at just over $ 640.

This is quite a deal and I am really tempted, just still concerned about their track record but thinking that if it's just a nonstop flight, without any connections, risk is low for something to go wrong, at least that's what I am telling myself.
I would book it if you want to come. They aren't that bad and at that price who wouldn't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.