Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quality of Air china Business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by swaigiux
Please report your experience as I'm doing same flights mid-May !
When will you depart?

I'll be doing a short trip report (including the NZ flight AKL to NAN and the Pacific Island Air flight to the Resort), probably after I get back on the 7th.

I just hope there will be no change to the planes - 747-800 and 787-900 should all offer lie flats and (hopefully) the most up-to-date hard product.

Can anyone provide information on the check-in times? If check-in opens up only two hours in advance I might be stuck landside for a bit...

Update: after writing this I looked up my reservation again- the 748 has been changed on the FRA - PEK - FRA route has been changed for a triple 7
Seems the schedule change mail where I couldn't find any changes meant something after all. For some reason I've still got my upper deck seat reservation and can't change it...

Last edited by frogster; Apr 12, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by frogster
When will you depart?

I'll be doing a short trip report (including the NZ flight AKL to NAN and the Pacific Island Air flight to the Resort), probably after I get back on the 7th.

I just hope there will be no change to the planes - 747-800 and 787-900 should all offer lie flats and (hopefully) the most up-to-date hard product.

Can anyone provide information on the check-in times? If check-in opens up only two hours in advance I might be stuck landside for a bit...

Update: after writing this I looked up my reservation again- the 748 has been changed on the FRA - PEK - FRA route has been changed for a triple 7
Seems the schedule change mail where I couldn't find any changes meant something after all. For some reason I've still got my upper deck seat reservation and can't change it...
I think the 777 is still lie flat.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:51 am

All are lie-flats and I assume that the seats are pretty much the same.

There are severeal reasons would prefer the 748:

- I spent enough time aboard 77Ws already - there are few Jumbo routes left and i've never been onboard a 748
- The 748 is the flagship - usually those get the better crews
- Upper Deck!
- The 748 is (on average) much newer than the 77W
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by frogster
I'll be trying them out in J on FRA - PEK- AKL next weekend. With their product (when it's on sale) being so much cheaper than the alternatives it will be interesting to see if you get what you pay for...
Does anyone know when their check-in at FRA opens? I'll be arriving with a colleague departing earlier on a different airline so it would be nice if I could check in earlier and spend the time inside one of the lounges...
Check-in opens at least 3 hours in advance I believe in FRA. I arrived about 2 hrs 40 mins before departure and the desk was already open for a while. Chinese groups are queuing in tax refund so hardly anyone in check-in desks at that time. Did not ask when do they open exactly, but with multiple flights (2 daily to PEK, several days a week to CTU and SZX), I believe the check-in desk opens fairly early.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire, CA Gold
Be expected of the bad English of the cabin crew such as:
Ladies and Ultraman
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by EAlyse
I think the 777 is still lie flat.
Exactly,Both 77W 332 and 333 for intl route are 100% 180 degree flat
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I agree with those who support Air China. Yeah the food is not as good as LH, but the beds are flat, they're comfortable, and the service is reasonably attentive. They may not know how to mix drinks perfectly, but you'll get by.

I can't agree that there are any safety issues with Air China. While I take airlineratings with a huge grain of salt, they've awarded CA 7 stars for safety (which is top marks). http://www.airlineratings.com/ratings/59/air-china
There is no ANY safety issues with Air China

But the service especially from cabin crew still need to learn much from LH
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:57 am

ANYONE CARE that it is not allow to use your phone on the whole flight
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Edward_YUL
ANYONE CARE that it is not allow to use your phone on the whole flight
Be expected of the bad English of the cabin crew such as:
Ladies and Ultraman
Speaking of bad English

And the "no phones in use at all" is nothing CA specific.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Speaking of bad English

And the "no phones in use at all" is nothing CA specific.
It's for all airlines under admin by CAAC
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's for all airlines under admin by CAAC
You're just now realizing this?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:02 am

No cellphones is a competitive disadvantage for all Chinese airlines- at least in my flight today this was strictly enforced in J

I posted a longer trip review in the dedicated subsection. to summarize: I was positively surprised. There even was a stewardess speaking fluent (like a native speaker) German - the English announcements I couldn't understand though...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
I have just booked GRU-MAD-PEK on CA business claas. Since 26 March 2017, CA uses the 787-900 in GRU. Any feedback on the 787 business product and service?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hardiwv
I have just booked GRU-MAD-PEK on CA business claas. Since 26 March 2017, CA uses the 787-900 in GRU. Any feedback on the 787 business product and service?
It's the same seat that UA uses on their 787 and LH uses on their new business class. 2x2x2 lie flat. Entertainment system is slow and doesn't offer much but food and drink will be OK. If you bring your own entertainment on an iPad (not on your phone) you'll have a very pleasant flight.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:36 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I just flew FRA-PEK-MEL (EUR 1500 'Black Friday sale' they had in November 2016).

Great food, very nice F/A's with good command of English, OK seats, mediocre IFE. Transit in PEK was still OK'ish - I cleared immigration and security in 20 minutes (disclaimer: I sometimes make connections at IAH flying to Central America; after IAH 'experience', PEK still looks good).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.