Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 8:23 pm

I'd recommend not taking a window seat. At check in for LAX to Shanghai, they assigned me a window seat . The middle and aisle seats were assigned to an elderly couple that needed wheelchair assistance. They never moved from their seats.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:38 am
21A

Assorted observations since a lot of this info seems to be thin on the ground:
  • Auto Check-in doesn’t appear to have done anything, despite saying it would email BP to the address given
  • Exit rows (31 and 61ABC/JKL on the 777-300) can be prereserved for $80 but go up to $120 at check-in, at least at LAX. Also note that at T-24 the seat pre-res map becomes the same as the OLCI one: the $10/15 seats become free but the exit rows and bulkheads become blocked, so if you want to pay $80, do so before 24h. No free exit row for ST elites.
  • On the other hand the 61-row bulkheads (DFGH) become available for airport assignment at no charge. The space to the bulkhead is pretty generous, but if you’re Shaq it might not work for you. (Unclear if the same is true of the 31 bulkheads; they weren’t offered to me.)
  • second sector, MU563 on some flavor of A330, has what seems to be a Premium Economy section, rows 25-28, that doesn’t match any seat map I was able to find, nor was it shown in preselection or OLCI. I have no idea how the ~3 pax in it got there. Crew is preventing self-upgrades, saying it’s a RMB600 charge (as opposed to the previous segment where exit/bulkhead seemed to be a free for all once onboard). NB that 31 in this config is just a regular economy seat since there is just a hanging cabin divider, not a door. I’ll try to get the tail number on leaving.
  • If you recently earned SkyTeam status you might need to change your FFP and change it back to have it show. I was not able to get the FFP to change using us.ceair.com, but it did work using m.ceair.com (which has an English option for OLCI only). Even more strange is this seems to be segment specific, so I got “DLxxxx ELITE” on the first BP, and “DLxxxx/C” (customer?) on the second. In the online format the ST elite status appears as “DLxxxx/*1”.

Last edited by 21A; May 15, 2018 at 8:50 am Reason: fix crappy phone formatting
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ats262
I had no problems selecting seats on their US website back in July. The booking was also made on the US website.
DId you use an OTA? I used expedia to book and MU usa website is having hang up at the "loading page" screen

My flight is code-shared with CA so it may be an issue (HNL-PEK-KMG leg on CA metal, then KMG-SGN on MU metal)

Originally Posted by samwise6222
I just did it by emailing their New York office ([email protected]) and Los Angeles office ([email protected]).

I provided them with 006 stock ticket number/ MU PNR (which I got from @DeltaAssist)/ Passenger names/ and desired seats - and they were able to assign it without problem within 2 days.
Looks like this may be easier.....I'll try these emails

Originally Posted by mot29
To respond to my own post. I emailed the NYC customer service address ([email protected]) with the MU PNR, ticket number and my name. Got a response within 10 minutes telling me that seats were assigned -- center aisles in BE.
I wrote back and asked for window seats on the 1-2-1 cabin flights. 10 minutes later I'd been reassigned as requested. Included appropriate rows of the res system entry showing flights, dates, class of service, timing, and seats.
I'm flying JFK-PVG-NRT/HIJ-PVG-JFK so no overnights required in PVG.
Let's hope I get non-smoking pilots.
Yeah looks like I will try email. Their US website has not been helpful and I could not navigate easily the Chinese website

UPDATE: I got this auto email reply when sending an email to the [email protected] email address:
Dear Customers,

This is an Auto Reply message.

This email is no longer in use of customer service contact of our airline. Please send your comments and inquiries to [email protected]. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you have a great day.

If this is an urgent query regarding your China Eastern Airlines booking in the United States, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-200-5118.

Thank you so much
Best Regards

Last edited by ginmqi; Mar 16, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
I’ve been able to select seats on the MU web site most of the time even for bookings made on Expedia. When I’ve had trouble selecting seats, recently the best option for me has been to call them soon after 9am EST; the wait has been between 5 and 45 minutes but they do pickup and they are able to book the seats.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
China Eastern Seat Selection

Anyone ever been upgraded from Business to first as a SkyTeam Elite member

Any experience with oversold flights and compensation?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:40 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I have not had luck booking on their site. When I booked via Expedia, seats were auto assigned, I then called and waited the usual hold times. I then needed to ask the agent to change the seats to the ones I wanted.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
DId you use an OTA? I used expedia to book and MU usa website is having hang up at the "loading page" screen

My flight is code-shared with CA so it may be an issue (HNL-PEK-KMG leg on CA metal, then KMG-SGN on MU metal)

Looks like this may be easier.....I'll try these emails

Yeah looks like I will try email. Their US website has not been helpful and I could not navigate easily the Chinese website

UPDATE: I got this auto email reply when sending an email to the [email protected] email address:
Update to my own post. The munyc email address worked and I got assigned seats via email. Pretty fast if you don't want or have time to spend on the phone.

Looks like they don't use the mulax email address anymore.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: FB Gold
If your booking is made with an OTA, make sure you enter your details like this: JohnMR Middlename Lastname (input exact gender you selected in the booking right after your first name) in the seat reservation page. Link to MU seat reservation. At least in my case it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.