Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Thank you...we are good to go
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:31 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
March 2015 travel:

We found the Los Angeles International lounge at LAX satisfactory. We managed to check in our luggage over 4 1/2 hours in advance and precede to the lounge. There is an indoor area and an "outdoor" area (actually in the terminal), but on a "balcony" from the club. It is not too large and has modest bathroom facilities. There is a full bar and modest food. The lounge is on the 6th floor. Flight announcements are made. Our gate, 142, is a long walk from the lounge. Then it is on buses for a long ride to our plane. Then several switchback ramps up to the door to the plane.

The Tabula club at NAN, Nadi (said like nandy) is small. It provides most all of what you might want and has a friendly staff person. It might have been nice at one time, but like the airport itself, the club is tired. The bathroom is really modest. Again full beverages and modest food.

The Quantas business lounge (there is a first class one too) is huge! It has two full food service areas. When we arrived, one area had full hot breakfast and the other was being set up for lunch (roped off). Multiple long center bars had booze, cookies, and there was a gelato cooler and attendant. The club is so staffed, that most things are picked up within 30 seconds of abandonment! Very nice bathrooms with material areas for use. This is truly a superior club, we have only found similar outside the USA.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone transited the Tabua Club lounge at NAN recently? 2 questions:

1) Is there any way to visit the lounge upon arrival, but then exit to customs and enter Fiji? I was originally booked in Business Class on the AA nonstop LAX-SYD, but had to change dates, and the only routing available was LAX-NAN-SYD. Since I did not change my origin/destination, this allowed me to change for free, but now that I am landing in NAN, I will still be holding an onward ticket to SYD, but I'd rather stay in Fiji for a few days. I could use my onward boarding pass for NAN-SYD to pass through transit and access the lounge for a shower upon arrival, but I am unsure if I will then be able to exit through customs. I won't have any checked luggage, so if this isn't possible, I will simply take my carry on luggage and exit to arrivals upon landing in NAN.

2) I noticed in a review of the Tabua Club lounge that there is a shower, but it is noted that no towels are available. Is this accurate? After I stop in Fiji for a few days and continue on to SYD, I was curious if there would be towels in the lounge for shower use.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
I have the same question re towels at Tabua club? Also, am I right in reading that there's a Quantas lounge at NAN? If there is, do they let OW Sapphire members in???
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
I have the same question re towels at Tabua club? Also, am I right in reading that there's a Quantas lounge at NAN? If there is, do they let OW Sapphire members in???
There is no Qantas lounge at NAN - it's an 'associated lounge' which is the Tabua lounge operated by Fiji Airways. QF has it's own arrangements with Fiji Airways to allow QF frequent flyers in to the lounge.

Fiji Airways may have arrangements with other airlines to similarly allow access. You'd need to check the lounge eligibility guide for your OWS airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.