Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Southern email frustration!!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Unhappy China Southern email frustration!!

I've booked a domestic PVG-WUH ticket on China Southern. They sent me an email (fully in Chinese!) today saying the flight is cancelled and I should call them.
I gave them a call and was told I can get on a China Eastern flight, but I need to email them my passport copy for confirmation.

I've been trying to do that for 3 hours now!! I've sent the same email with the attachment probably 10 times, from 2 different email accounts (gmail and yahoo).
I've received all the cc'ed copies to myself, but everytime I call, they just say "we never receive it, please send again, ok?"

The email address I had is [email protected]. After 4-5 tries with this address, they then also gave me [email protected] address.
None of these worked. I've also tried [email protected] that I saw on their website.

I've seen other comments on twitter which suggest that this email address does not work. What can I do?
Old May 19, 2014, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown
I've booked a domestic PVG-WUH ticket on China Southern. They sent me an email (fully in Chinese!) today saying the flight is cancelled and I should call them.
I gave them a call and was told I can get on a China Eastern flight, but I need to email them my passport copy for confirmation.

I've been trying to do that for 3 hours now!! I've sent the same email with the attachment probably 10 times, from 2 different email accounts (gmail and yahoo).
I've received all the cc'ed copies to myself, but everytime I call, they just say "we never receive it, please send again, ok?"

The email address I had is [email protected]. After 4-5 tries with this address, they then also gave me [email protected] address.
None of these worked. I've also tried [email protected] that I saw on their website.

I've seen other comments on twitter which suggest that this email address does not work. What can I do?
Simply tell them what you've told us here, and demand an alternate plan of attack.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
maybe

It might be easier for you to request a refund in full and maybe some compensation if you cannot book a ticket at the price you paid for their flight.

Otherwise you just turn up at the airport and do your best there but maybe be prepared for a long wait.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Request refund dont even bothering getting the run around

Obviously request a compensation but whether you get one or not, just ask for a refund.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Request refund dont even bothering getting the run around

Obviously request a compensation but whether you get one or not, just ask for a refund.
I too would go the refund route if fares are still available at similar prices, but if this not the case, I would ask to get booked on another flight (this is much easier when booking with powerful 3rd parties like Ctrip or eLong). I wouldn't waste a minute on trying to get compensation.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I had the same problem. Takes them a few hours to receive it.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by dfs24
I had the same problem. Takes them a few hours to receive it.
The one time I sought a refund from CZ, it took me a full 18 months to get a refund (I lost the e-ticket receipt, and they gave me quite the run around... a lot of "hot potato" games between Beijing and Guangzhou). A friend of mine had a similar ordeal getting a refund for a paper ticket he purchased through Baron Travel in Manila.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: A3 G CZ S
Originally Posted by tris06
It might be easier for you to request a refund in full and maybe some compensation if you cannot book a ticket at the price you paid for their flight.

Otherwise you just turn up at the airport and do your best there but maybe be prepared for a long wait.
It's just impossible to get a compensation in CZ, at least not at domestic route
Old May 21, 2014, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
G'day all - thanks for all the replies. I've asked them for different email addresses but all they said to me was "sorry, this is all our email address" (sic)

I've then sent emails again to the [email protected] and [email protected]
addresses and 12 hours later I managed to receive a reply. I'm writing these email addresses here for future reference, in case some hapless soul has the misfortune of having to deal with CS Air over email again.

Btw, I've received "delivery failed" notices to the [email protected] address:
"Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:
[email protected]
Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.
[(10) smtp1.cs-air.com. [58.248.41.222]:25: Connection timed out]"

I was hesitant to seek the refund route as I had already known the issues with refunds posted here - and a few weeks ago I had to change the number of the credit card I used to book this flight because of a fraud issue, which would make the refund probably a horrible ordeal.

Thanks again to everyone for their replies.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:05 pm

Solved

Occurred to me when I had to request for refund of the amount.

The issue is that sending an email from gmail based email doesn’t work at all.
when we tried sending email from a Hotmail address, it worked perfectly on the first try. I would urge u to do the same, create hotmail email and send them the email.
you won’t have any issue
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Arushi Jindal
Occurred to me when I had to request for refund of the amount.

The issue is that sending an email from gmail based email doesn’t work at all.
when we tried sending email from a Hotmail address, it worked perfectly on the first try. I would urge u to do the same, create hotmail email and send them the email.
you won’t have any issue
Their Wechat support is actually almost okay.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: AY
A rule always good to bear in mind. Sending email to CN based company, always avoid using gmail, as you all know Google related products are banned there so as the email connection is pretty much axed.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by cantongirl
A rule always good to bear in mind. Sending email to CN based company, always avoid using gmail, as you all know Google related products are banned there so as the email connection is pretty much axed.
I don't know of any companies in China that can't receive emails from gmail accounts, but email in general is no longer widely used here.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by moondog
I don't know of any companies in China that can't receive emails from gmail accounts, but email in general is no longer widely used here.
Well now you have OP's experience in the post as one example and I shared the same frustration with OP when I sent gmails to China many times they got lost. And you don't lose a thing just to use other email servers to avoid the risk. l won't say email in general in China is not much used, especially regarding sending electronic documents.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:32 am

Maybe you need to use a Chinese email like foxmail. As a Gmail fan living in China, I have met the similar problems several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.