Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLIA2 they could have done better..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:48 am

Make sure you grab food at McDonalds or burger king as there are no options once you get past final security. Don't know why they don't have more food options open yet. They have plenty to choose from before you check in. The mall and selection of food is actually impressive, even a toys r us, but all of this is before you check in. The duty free alcohol it's limited.

Far better than the shed of the old LCCT but it needs more food options and stores.

Glad the KLIA express takes you to KLIA2 and you can also now connect from KLIA to KLIA2 using the KLIA express.

Agree the kid zone us a joke. More adults passed out on the chairs and the zone and actually got the stink eye when my kids were running and playing to get energy out before a fight.

There is a sports lounge as well. Exact same as the movie lounge but guess it has sports on.

Their is an air side hotel and you can also pay to use the lounge in the hotel.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Had my first experience of KLIA 2 yesterday - connected via there on my way back to SIN.

I guess there were some positive aspects and perhaps the terminal is built for growth, but KUL-SIN departed from the L gates - not the most pleasant place at all:
- after second security check, so not easy to return
- very limited services
- the area is basically one corridor with no windows
- the bathrooms appeared to be not exactly clean
- the gate area (boarding) does not have enough seats

OK, it was not the worst airport experience, but I must admit I was rather disappointed. The bridge between Q/R (?) gates and L gates is nice though.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yeah, even KLIA1 have double security counters. One right after you clear immigration and another one at the gate.

For my home airport, Singapore Changi Airport, you only need to clear security at the gate.
The security check after you clear immigrations is by the customs department. It has nothing to do with airport security. Did you not take note of the uniforms of the officers standing and watching the screens?

D.U.H.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nanyang
Had my first experience of KLIA 2 yesterday - connected via there on my way back to SIN.

I guess there were some positive aspects and perhaps the terminal is built for growth, but KUL-SIN departed from the L gates - not the most pleasant place at all:
- after second security check, so not easy to return
- very limited services
- the area is basically one corridor with no windows
- the bathrooms appeared to be not exactly clean
- the gate area (boarding) does not have enough seats

OK, it was not the worst airport experience, but I must admit I was rather disappointed. The bridge between Q/R (?) gates and L gates is nice though.
They will never ever get this right. The problem is malaysians (malay's) don't like to use toilet paper and use water to wash their xxxxxx during long calls..water gets everywhere and then...

The other problem is there is a lack of civic common sense amongst a lot of people who love to pee on toilet seats instead of lifting up the seats before peeing.

Some things never change in Malaysia/KLIA/KLIA2.

Seats: Malaysia Airports keeps winning awards on what basis I don't know...it's shambolic they never have enough seats to cope and don't bother listening to customers.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Not sure what it was about the layout of the terminal, but the walking seemed interminable and I have walked many of the world's "mega-airports." The lack of travelators?
The express connection is a huge, huge plus. Made it into KL in no time at the height of evening rush hour.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Seems as though most people are a bit mixed about it - I'm going to be trying it out in November, but for sure it can't be worse than the old terminal!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
but for sure it can't be worse than the old terminal!
That's a given

Maybe I've been so well conditioned to the horrors of the old bus shed that I actually find the new terminal quite nice.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Never been through the old terminal. Imagine my horror when I landed at one of the most furthest gates away from the main concourse. I don't think I have ever walked so far in a terminal in my life. Might've spent more more time walk than on the actual flight itself actually...
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:33 am

so the food court and other duty free are now open.

Food court has Popye's chicken. Seating area is completed in front of Burger king. Looks like a two other shops should open up.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I am unsure about that the squabbling is about.

I went thru KLIA2 in late June and late August. BOTH times the transfer from KUL was pretty smooth. MUCH better than when the old LCCT was open. More food too. The August transfer was smoother than the June one. I expect that my next transfer will be better than the one I had in August - a learning curve perhaps??

Pee on toilet seats?? I guess you have never worked as a teacher. You should see what happens there - with brown stuff smeared everywhere - by SOMEONE ELSES offspring!! I suppose these offspring then become adults and fly thru KLIA2

If the seat is wet then just use toilet paper to dry the seat. A simple solution to a wet seat. FWIW, LAX toilets and JFK are not much better at times. It seems too many men don't know how to lift a toilet seat before relieving themselves. No wonder asia has squat toilets
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yeah, even KLIA1 have double security counters. One right after you clear immigration and another one at the gate.

For my home airport, Singapore Changi Airport, you only need to clear security at the gate.
Not true- Changi has a light security check just prior to immigration.

I agree the new KLIA2 security checks are rediculous, particularly when going to one of the wings- go through immigration, then one security check, turn the corner, down the steps and there's another!

All negative comments so far. I'd also add the mall outside KLIA2 includes some outstanding eating options and interesting stores, and the Ekspres train running into the basement is much more convenient. So overall, much better than the old budget terminal.

Friendly
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Not true- Changi has a light security check just prior to immigration.
You're right! I guess I never got stopped cause I usually check-in my handcarry luggage hehe..
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:03 am
Suspended

It's a HUGE airport..that's for sure. But the passage ways are so narrow as you walk past various gates.

Another thing I noticed, no place to put your bags when you use the toilets unlike at KLIA where they have a rack/storage rack whilst you use the toilet.

The ease of getting to the trains makes this much much better..something they got horribly WRONG with KLIA.

There are only 2 lift's plying the arrival hall to the KLIA ERL/Train to KL Sentral and they are almost always full with passengers who don't have bags but are too lazy to take the escalators.

You waste so much of time trying to get on the god damn lifts especially if you are using a trolley and have 2 or more bags!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.