FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   KLIA2 they could have done better.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1576843-klia2-they-could-have-done-better.html)

gilbertaue May 13, 2014 8:03 pm

KLIA2 they could have done better..

Sitting in international departure gate L at the moment. It's certainly better than the old LCCT. However...
Considering this place has been under construction for several years, it looks more like a badly put together DIY kit.
Departure holding gates seem more of an afterthought.. At the L departure gates you have holding rooms on one side and none for the other side. This means the people who depart from the side without holding room are occupying the (lack of) seating along the corridor. When their gate boards, they queue across the corridor - now people walking to gates further down are forced to push through the queue (see below picture).

The security check counters after immigration also seem like an afterthought. Serious lack of signage all around too.
Very very long distances to walk.
All just very meh...

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2914/...d4d6f5ea_c.jpg

lcpteck May 14, 2014 10:42 pm

That's a bummer.

AddictedTraveller May 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Hmm, will be checking out myself later in the year

mesquite May 18, 2014 7:34 pm

I was just there yesterday and agree with gilbertaue, they could have done better.

Hopefully they will get more signs up. You have to go to people who are standing there with a big sign saying "ASK ME" to find out where you check in, where you go, restrooms, etc. They did have one large restroom sign that pointed to a wall with no doors. The actual restrooms were nowhere near where they indicated.

alisanta May 22, 2014 1:34 am

there is a facility called "Kids Zone", what a laughable facility when I got there with my 5 year old daughter. Only an area with bright color and turnable cylinder wall like a puzzle. :td:

Virginia Emery May 22, 2014 11:21 am

What's the "Movie Lounge" about ? Anyone know ?

gilbertaue May 26, 2014 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery (Post 22907435)

Is that the one near the Lindt chocolate? It's an enclave of cosy chairs and some tvs. Sit there and look out the window... Then start looking at the windows... And then the metal frame... And you will know what really really really shoddy workmanship is :)

Laserjet May 27, 2014 7:25 am

I hope you enjoy walking. Great distance to cover on foot.

gilbertaue May 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Laserjet (Post 22931345)
I hope you enjoy walking. Great distance to cover on foot.

Should start a new thread: How many KG/LBS did you lose walking through KLIA2.

enelym1978 May 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Right, that's the only thing I remember when landing at KLIA2.... walk walk walk walk and then walk again and walk and then a mini travelator (I landed at the satellite building) and then walk again....

Laowai Jun 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 22947817)
Right, that's the only thing I remember when landing at KLIA2.... walk walk walk walk and then walk again and walk and then a mini travelator (I landed at the satellite building) and then walk again....

My thoughts exactly, endless walking. Oh well, still better than the old LCC terminal.

irishguy28 Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery (Post 22907435)

Presumably the exact same as the one in KUL? A place to sit and watch a movie while you're waiting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhtvmtt24/4691758330/

djfost Jun 29, 2014 3:00 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 2286052)
The security check counters after immigration also seem like an afterthought.

This got me too - security check counter, then immigration, then another security check!? Had to throw away my newly purchased liquids from the departure lounge...

lcpteck Jul 1, 2014 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by djfost (Post 23113782)
This got me too - security check counter, then immigration, then another security check!? Had to throw away my newly purchased liquids from the departure lounge...

Yeah, even KLIA1 have double security counters. One right after you clear immigration and another one at the gate.

For my home airport, Singapore Changi Airport, you only need to clear security at the gate.

enelym1978 Jul 3, 2014 8:08 pm

Having landed and departed a couple of times now at KLIA I can say that:

-landing is ok, despite the walking a lot part
-departing is a nightmare.... long queues, bad signage (I walked around at the check-in area looking for Tiger Airways' check-desks... had to ask in the end.)

The screens show you the departing gates but not the check-in desks rows.... how stupid is that?