Wiki Posts
Search

Airasia Transfer at KUL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Airasia Transfer at KUL

Hi folks,

I have two separates tickets TPE to KUL on Airasia X and KUL to KBV on AirAsia.

I believed that all flights are elligible to their Fly Thru transfer program but I read later that only selected flights were and it is not elligible if you book two tickets separately.

Anyway, can somebody confirm that even though I have no checked-in bags, I can't use the transfer counter to avoid passing immigration twice ? What about if I print my boarding pass ?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
AFAIK, there are no airside international transfers at the current LCCS terminal. Everyone must go thru immigration and security before going onto next flight.

If your flight is later in the year, things might be different when the huge new KLIA 2 opens for LCCs.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:53 am

Programs: AC
My experience is that unless you have a Fly Thru ticket, you cannot use the transfer desk and thus have to go through immigration.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Mavatar
My experience is that unless you have a Fly Thru ticket, you cannot use the transfer desk and thus have to go through immigration.
I have searched AirAsia's website in detail, but for the life of me cannot find anything re Fly Thru except their FAQs page. How do you find Fly Thru flights?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:40 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in our low-cost carrier forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I have searched AirAsia's website in detail, but for the life of me cannot find anything re Fly Thru except their FAQs page. How do you find Fly Thru flights?
Just posted this elsewhere:

You can use the AirAsia Map to find out whether you can take a connecting flight using fly-thru.

Route Map

When you select the origin then destination it will automatically show all the connecting flights that are possible.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Fly thru is something you choose at the time of booking if it is available.

Otherwise you need to get off one plane, clear immigration and claim your bags re check in - clear immigration and security again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.