Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia's new FF programme : BIG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
I went through the sign up process and left the web site when I realized you had to pay for it.
I did too... I am worried that they are still going to share my information with affiliates.... any thoughts anyone?
Cheers
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
Originally Posted by mario33
As I have indicated on the other thread, it's unlikely to gain universal appeal and only the lesser travelled (and more gullible) Malaysians would be excited over this programme due to lack of flying options if you live there.

I believe the only reason why anyone fly Air Asia is because of the (perceived but not necessarily) cheap flights. And why bother earning miles to redeem something which is not that desirable and already 'cheap' in the first place ? Would you bother enrolling in a loyalty programme by McDonalds ?
Air Asia business class from TPE to KUL is a fraction of the price any other airline offers, seats are better than what CI or BR offer and lie 180 degree flat. Service is nothing to complain about and the planes are clean and new. You seem to have a real issue with Air Asia or its owner.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
You seem to have a real issue with Air Asia or its owner.
he does....he has made it clear plenty times before....
Old Nov 25, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
Air Asia business class from TPE to KUL is a fraction of the price any other airline offers, seats are better than what CI or BR offer and lie 180 degree flat. Service is nothing to complain about and the planes are clean and new. You seem to have a real issue with Air Asia or its owner.
Thier flight to KK (Kota Kinabalu) from Taipei are nice too, saves money on the air on the short flight,more to spend on the ground. I Also like Air Asia better than the S'pore LCC's flying to Taiwan, at least Air Asia has business class on its flights to KUL.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:06 pm

Calling this program a FF is a joke. Just another way to pinch a few more sen
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:11 pm

The only time I will take a chance flying them is if the have a direct that no other carrier offers in that sector. Sometimes I will choose a 1 stop on a different carrier just to avoid AA
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:16 pm

But can you redeem them?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
Originally Posted by Taipei
Thier flight to KK (Kota Kinabalu) from Taipei are nice too, saves money on the air on the short flight,more to spend on the ground. I Also like Air Asia better than the S'pore LCC's flying to Taiwan, at least Air Asia has business class on its flights to KUL.
do they have biz class on the flight to Kota Kinabalu. Any good places you can reccommend, I will have two elderly people with me, they are pretty mobile but struggle with Indian style food, looking to take them there for for 4 or 5 days break
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
I fly AirAsia a lot, I'd choose them over BA any day and I'm gutted they've cancelled the UK route. However, I doubt their FF program would give that much in the way of benefits to make it worthwhile.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: No status whatosever :-(
I don't have anything against AirAsia (in fact I use them frequently for short-haul regional flights), but I do find that program funny. They based a lot of their marketing material on the fact that with AirAsia, you get the low fares now, instead of paying for a FF program that may give you benefits later.

In fact, somebody should inform their marketing department to update their own website. I quote http://www.airasia.com/my/en/corpora...islowcost.page:

"We believe our customers are loyal to our low fares, so who needs frequent flyer miles programme then."

LOL
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:28 pm
vpk

Programs: AYS, EBG, AAP, FB, CZ, AK
Originally Posted by luckylex

"We believe our customers are loyal to our low fares, so who needs frequent flyer miles programme then."

LOL
. LOL. They should have adjusted their message before launching BIG.

Anyway. I am new customer to AirAsia, just 10 legs behind... So far got actually better service than I epxected (considered it is LCC after all). I enrolled also in BIG - as the join fare is really reasonable and most likely I will fly with them a lot in the future, so why not to earn some free flights at same time for a family getaway.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by vpk
. LOL. They should have adjusted their message before launching BIG.
You are correct. It should something to the effect of:

We believe customers are loyal to our perceived low fares....
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Their BIG programme is a bit of a joke. Had a brief look the other day and it is not worth bothering about (from my perspective anyway). I am not a fan of Air Asia and I avoid them at all costs, thanks to my experiences in the past.
However, I am thinking about giving Air Asia X (long haul) a go. They seem to have a better reputation than Air Asia (short haul) and they offer Premium seats. I've worked out that I'd consider Air Asia X only if I'm flying point to point (to avoid transfers at the LCCT and transferring to an Air Asia flight) and if their premium seat is the same price as an economy seat on MAS (which means that premium seat has to be on sale).
Old May 3, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AirAsia BIG
I wasn't interested in their ffp until they started giving away flights for as low as 0 points during promotions. that's a good deal.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:32 am

hey all! i just received my 25,000 air asia big point!!! so happy now
but where can i go ya?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.