Air Asia's new FF programme : BIG

Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:03 pm
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Air Asia's new FF programme : BIG

It’s the first of its kind global loyalty card that gives you FREE flights on the world’s best low cost airline: AirAsia.

Earn your points (called “BIGGIES”) whenever you use your BIG Card at our BIG Partners worldwide. Accumulate your BIGGIES to redeem FREE flights with AirAsia and much more.

Can any card beat BIG? We don’t think so!

Redemptions available starting at a mere 1,000 BIGGIES. Fly to your dream destination, stay at plush hotels or redeem merchandise with your BIGGIES.
You have it all in your hands.
http://www.tune2big.com/

->for 2 RM spent you earn 1 BIGGIE

i have just signed up.... You need to pay a small fee to become a member 100THB or 5 USD are two of the options...
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Well,

Pay RM5 to sign up.

Is there an annual fee for using my BIG Card?
Yes, there is an annual fee of RM5 for BIG Card. The fee will be charged to your BIG Card on your membership anniversary date and deducted from the balance in your BIG Card.

If the balance in your BIG Card is insufficient to cover the fee, 500 BIGGIES will be deducted from your BIGGIES balance instead.

So for renewal, the RM5 will be charged to the card.

However, topping up of the card is only through e-pay and apparently, available in Malaysia only?

Am I right with this that renewal is only done through the card itself but topping up is only available in Msia?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:16 pm

Air Asia ff fees

Air Asia, the super low cost carrier based in KL Malaysia, has joined the ranks of airlines with frequent flyer programs.

However, before beginning the process of joining --be aware that there is a joining fee. They don't let you know that in advance. The fee is modest. But they don't disclose it until you have spent a half hour filling out the forms.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
How much is the fee?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
10 Ringit
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Seriously? So it's just a little over $3? Obviously they don't value their FF program very highly.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Three dollars in many countries of SE Asia is two hours of work. They are simply pricing their membership for the target market.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Is this the BIG program? Or is it something else?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by larrythai
Three dollars in many countries of SE Asia is two hours of work. They are simply pricing their membership for the target market.

Yes many of those SE asia nations minimum wages are ridiculously low. No, not everyone gets paid that low, and NO those people who made such low minimum wages aren't the target of air asia, as they probably will never fly. Even if Air Asia is cheap airline, you don't introduce "frequent" flyer miles to those who may fly once in their life time.

air asia is known to scalp money from any possible source any possible direction. I personally disagree with their tactics, and way they introduce hidden fees is exasperating.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:37 am

Moral of the story? Don't bother- it's only going to join the ranks of Qantas Frequent Flyer as waste of time and money.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I went through the sign up process and left the web site when I realized you had to pay for it.

...BUT

I was reading about the card they offer, like a pre-paid debit card which could be useful for travel in Asia when you don't want to use your home country credit card... theirs comes with the chip which many US cards don't offer.

that said... I too dislike their fuel surcharges and other surprise fees which often kill the deal, but you occasionally you do get a steal, so like with any other airline... use it when it makes sense. I had gotten some incredibly cheap last minute fares on AirAsia in the past few months and I thank them for the opportunity to visit places I would otherwise not visit.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Gosh, if you guys are cheesed off over a US$3 joining fee, you definitely won't like Cathay Pacific's US$50 joining fee for their Marco Polo Club membership !
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:05 pm

Or QFF, where Aust members have to pay $87.50 (?) for the privilege of being fleeced.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Gosh, if you guys are cheesed off over a US$3 joining fee, you definitely won't like Cathay Pacific's US$50 joining fee for their Marco Polo Club membership !
Except in this case it is actually a great airline with a great product and excellent service. So if you fly them regularly I'm the $50 pays for itself many times over!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:22 am
Ooi

I wonder how many FFs pay for their flights out of their own pockets?. Lots of us do fly frequently between the Borneo states and the mainland on AA. So RM10 to qualify for the occasional long haul upgrade is worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.