Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda Indonesia New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 12:21 pm
UMD
Original Poster

Garuda Indonesia New Uniforms

There you go....GA launched the new (Javanese) Kebaya uniform on May 27th last week. The new uniform will come in 3 colors of Orange, Turquoise, and Blue. Orange is for the junior stewardess, Turquoise is for the senior stewardess, and Blue is for the flight supervisor.

Uniform for the steward has also been updated to a single breast suit with the new Nature's Wings inspired tie. I think both the Kebaya and the new suit look very nice. Good job, Garuda!

The 2 photos here are credited to Kompas.com and to thejakartapost.com respectively:

(Crews in their new uniforms and the CEO, Mr. Satar)

(Crews in their new uniforms with the CEO, Mr. Satar and the Designer, Mrs. Josephone (Obin) Komara of the Bin House)

To see more photos of Garuda's uniforms from the 50's until the launch of this new Kebaya, you can go to this link to the Garuda Indonesia Singapore's facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...12571935426232

This uniform will be officially worn by the crews on June 1, 2010 with the relaunch of the CGK - AMS flight. Would be interesting to see your opinion on this new uniform.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:11 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Think the new uniforms look great. The old ones are very dated, smart but dated.

Recently flew SYD DPS return in J and was impressed with the new levels of customer serivce.

The Skytrax award for most improved was well deserved.

The new look J seating on some aircraft is excellent, I found the lie flat seat to be more comfortable than the EK J lie flat seat.

Not as much on the entertainment system but the seat was certainly more comfortable.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Very nice indeed.
I just found out that they are now accepting international reservations online. That's definitely a huge deal since they had not been able to for ages. However, I found it a bit odd how they have domestic booking window and international booking window and the city listing on both pages are exactly the same.

I wish the US airlines' flight attendants were that attractive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.