Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China business class - what's it like?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:10 am

Does anyone have any recent experience with booking a limo when arriving in International Business into Beijing? The links from the UK site above do not mention Z as an eligible booking code, but when checking the .com.cn site (which I hope is the most accurate) I found this:

http://translate.google.com/translat...986%2F&act=url

which lists Z class.

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bAAh
Does anyone have any recent experience with booking a limo when arriving in International Business into Beijing? The links from the UK site above do not mention Z as an eligible booking code, but when checking the .com.cn site (which I hope is the most accurate) I found this:

http://translate.google.com/translat...986%2F&act=url

which lists Z class.

Thanks!
Even Air China's own China website seems to be inconsistent in this policy.

Their English version says that it is limited to F/A/C/D (http://www.airchina.com.cn/www/en/ht...d_busine/1092/) while the translated Chinese version of the same page says F/A/C/D/Z. Better to call them up and ask.

Perhaps you might want to advise them of these errors as well.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:54 am

china air first class

sorry wrong post

Last edited by johnnysd; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:00 pm Reason: wrong place
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:06 pm

china air first class

lap top is acting up sorry u guys

Last edited by johnnysd; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:15 pm
Old May 24, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: QF, Velocity
Smile Air China J PEK-SIN

My experience in J was pretty good. Food good and beverages good. English not as good as SQ, but happy enough. Not sure if it was because the flight was delayed, but a First Class blanket and Lóccitane amenities kit was laid out when I boarded (my connecting flight was delayed too due to Air Force using Yantai 'International' Airport for nearly two hours. (this being a day before the dissident evaded house arrest in the same province)^

Recaro Lie flat (not horizontal) seat with less positions than the SQ Weber seat (however my SQ Weber seat SIN-BNE broke and had to be manually changed by FA's for sleeping and landing (then I just made do in between). Tey offered $200 SD compensation without being asked, which was nice of them. J was full, so they couldn't move me.

I'm lucky enough to be able to fly QF J, so will probably use them on my next trips up to PEK, but if doing J on a budget, would definitely give CA another go. Would definitely upgrade on the domestic legs (personally) as it is quite sardine style back in Y.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: US Airways CP, UA 1K, DL Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
I have a PEK-SFO flight booked for next June on a 747 in C. Any suggestions for the best seats up top?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:48 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
CA 947 flying PEK-DEL in Airbus A330-300

Folks, any insights on Air China CA947 flying PEK-DEL in business class? The aircraft is listed as an Airbus A330-300. Specifically, what can I expect in terms of seats (lie-flat or not), catering and service? If it helps, I usually fly Air Canada's lie-flat product. Many thanks for any information.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:24 pm
Used to be 'IAD22066'

Programs: UA 1K AA
Air China Lounges?

My wife is flying from DCA to Beijing via New York next month. She is using Air China to get from JFK to China and United Express to get from DCA to JFK.

During this trip, will United allow her to use their lounges because she is flying Business Class on Air China? I understand that Air China is Star Alliance but don't know what that gets her in this case. Does Air China have decent lounges in JFK and Beijing?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by catgirl
Folks, any insights on Air China CA947 flying PEK-DEL in business class? The aircraft is listed as an Airbus A330-300. Specifically, what can I expect in terms of seats (lie-flat or not), catering and service? If it helps, I usually fly Air Canada's lie-flat product. Many thanks for any information.
Hi catgirl,

Can you comment on how was your travel with Air China Business class from PEK-->DEL. I am also travelling the same route and would like to be prepared.

Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question PEK to FRA 773

My nephew and parents are flying in J from PEK to FRA (2am flight 773) on USAIR award travel.

IS it best to call them to confirm the seats details etc? How is the food onboard, I mean my mom and nephew can eat Chinese but what about pr-ordered Indian vegetarian meals out of PEK?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My nephew and parents are flying in J from PEK to FRA (2am flight 773) on USAIR award travel.

IS it best to call them to confirm the seats details etc? How is the food onboard, I mean my mom and nephew can eat Chinese but what about pr-ordered Indian vegetarian meals out of PEK?
Indian vegetarian meals are available on Air China... I ordered them ex Shanghai a couple times. Both times it was the same meal (over the space of about a year) - some rice and two separate serves of curry, one with red beans. The meals were very average.

I would call Air China and make sure they have seats next to each other, and that there is a ticket number in the booking. There will also be a western choice on the standard in-flight menu.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Indian vegetarian meals are available on Air China... I ordered them ex Shanghai a couple times. Both times it was the same meal (over the space of about a year) - some rice and two separate serves of curry, one with red beans. The meals were very average.

I would call Air China and make sure they have seats next to each other, and that there is a ticket number in the booking. There will also be a western choice on the standard in-flight menu.
Thanks, that is precisely what I did yesterday. It was scary at first when they told me they could not see their booking. I called back with record locators and tkt numbers and she confirmed it all, meals & seats etc.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Planning to fly SIN-PEK-JFK in business class (Z fare). According to ITA, it should be operated by a A330 and B777, respectively. What business class seats can I expect? How about the meal sevice?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: SQ
CA has some lie-flats on the 330's which are good, although not sure if they're on the SIN route.

The flight to JFK should have the 773's with the nice lie-flats that are similar to the old CO seats. The service is usually solid - PJs, amenity kits, decent Chinese food, probably an average steak, etc. I fly their PEK-FRA flight a lot and find it to be almost as good as CX, sometimes better.

The major issues that people tend to have are:
1. Average Western food/liquor selections
2. Limited English from FAs (usually Europeans make this complaint )
3. FAs don't bow down and seem extremely eager to serve you a la NH/OZ/KE
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Planning to fly SIN-PEK-JFK in business class (Z fare). According to ITA, it should be operated by a A330 and B777, respectively. What business class seats can I expect? How about the meal sevice?
My nephew who is hard to please, and of course my dad, had lots of praise for the airline, on their 777-300. This was the PEK to FRA route.
Service was good and they even got pajama's. They had only good things to say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.