Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China business class - what's it like?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
it's listed on the air china chinese site. 12 C with 58' pitch and 160 degree recline.

if this link works it's on this page: http://www.airchina.com.cn/en/info_a...08/15451.shtml
Thanks, works fine.Btw, any photographs available ?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:38 am
MCL

Programs: reduced to the min
Hi,

I will possibly have to fly sometimes to China this year. When checking the flights between Germany and PEK/PVG I couldn't find the information if it will be new C or old C.

FRA-PEK tells me that this should be a B773 -> so I expect new C

MUC-PEK and FRA-PVG tells me its an A330 (with a text "A330 all models"). Anyone has experience on those flights? Will it be new or old C?

Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:26 am
formerly danblar

Does anyone know if CDG-PEK has the new 772 J or old one?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by danblar
Does anyone know if CDG-PEK has the new 772 J or old one?
I'm pretty sure they use a good plane on that route (timings are almost identical to AF).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:40 pm
formerly danblar

Originally Posted by moondog
I'm pretty sure they use a good plane on that route (timings are almost identical to AF).
Thanks for that - would assume so as it's a long flight. Some online sources are showing the route as a 773, but flight aware has it listed as a 772. Was hoping someone could shed some light.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by danblar
Thanks for that - would assume so as it's a long flight. Some online sources are showing the route as a 773, but flight aware has it listed as a 772. Was hoping someone could shed some light.
i did a google search 'Air China PEK-CDG' and the following was the second link!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...hotos-too.html
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Air China or Asiana?

Thanking you in advance for your advice:

Need to make a decision between two options in J:

1. Nonstop on Air China from PEK-HNL, using A330-200 with angle-flat seats. Flight time listed as 10h 55 min.

or

2. Connecting flights on Asiana PEK-ICN-HNL, using A330-300, which Seatguru says are lie-flat seats. Total travel time is supposed to be 11h 50 min.

I would most appreciate advice from those of you who have actually experienced these airplanes/airlines.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747FC
Thanking you in advance for your advice:

Need to make a decision between two options in J:

1. Nonstop on Air China from PEK-HNL, using A330-200 with angle-flat seats. Flight time listed as 10h 55 min.

or

2. Connecting flights on Asiana PEK-ICN-HNL, using A330-300, which Seatguru says are lie-flat seats. Total travel time is supposed to be 11h 50 min.

I would most appreciate advice from those of you who have actually experienced these airplanes/airlines.
lie-flat and angle-flat (OZ/CA) are the same type of seat - both flat but angled to the ground.

OZ will have much better food. but I can't see the point in the extra travel time including the transit in ICN. I would go for the direct flight. (according to the star alliance website the non-stop air china flight is 9 hours compared to the 11 hrs 50 on OZ via ICN... it's an extra three hours of sitting around)
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
lie-flat and angle-flat (OZ/CA) are the same type of seat - both flat but angled to the ground.

OZ will have much better food. but I can't see the point in the extra travel time including the transit in ICN. I would go for the direct flight. (according to the star alliance website the non-stop air china flight is 9 hours compared to the 11 hrs 50 on OZ via ICN... it's an extra three hours of sitting around)
Many thanks! It is curious that the reported and actual times of nonstop flights PEK-HNL vary so much.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:22 pm

Many thanks! It is curious that the reported and actual times of nonstop flights PEK-HNL vary so much.
Schedule padding due to necessity.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:42 pm

Schedule padding due to necessity.
Two hours???
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:53 pm

Two hours???
That does seem to be a bit excessive because the actual flying time is more like 8.5 hours, I believe. But, PEK often grinds to a standstill in the afternoon; 1.5 hour ground stops are pretty common.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:35 pm

That does seem to be a bit excessive because the actual flying time is more like 8.5 hours, I believe. But, PEK often grinds to a standstill in the afternoon; 1.5 hour ground stops are pretty common.
Of interest, Air China 837 had its first flight PEK-HNL yesterday. The television news report said it was an 11-hour flight. The local paper said the flight lasted about 8.5 hours. Flight tracking revealed that it was 8 hrs and 9 min!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of interest, Air China 837 had its first flight PEK-HNL yesterday. The television news report said it was an 11-hour flight. The local paper said the flight lasted about 8.5 hours. Flight tracking revealed that it was 8 hrs and 9 min!
the actual scheduled flying time, per the star alliance website is 9hrs.

flight time according to the airline will be doors closed to doors open (including taxi-ing). I think flight trackers are wheels-up to wheels down?

Anyways - moondog is right - delays into and out of China can be common, i would take the non-stop flight, forgo a bit of service for hassle free travel without mucking around at ICN airport.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:22 pm

... addition to Hawaii being a beach market, PEK-HNL is also a monopoly route for CA... so they don't exactly need show off their best clothes in order to sell it.
There will be competition come April, when HA starts flying between these cities. HA J, however, will not have lie-flats, and their pitch is 46 inches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.