Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
shouldn't they be able to rent an APU - where were you flying from?

Just curious, in terms of interiors, my impression was they were supposed to be top end - although i guess part of that would be consistency vs chartering from airplanes with different owners. If somebody want the very best, who would your recommend?
1.) I emailed my JetSmarter person today and he said “these aren’t empty legs, they are special positioning flights.” (huh???)

2.) The a/c broke when we were flying out of Luang Prabang, Laos. So doubtful there were any jet supplies there. They said they would have flown one in, but did not for reasons I’ve now forgotten. They sent like $10k back for that when we complained.

3.) Our first leg we departed out of HKG FBO and it was easily the best FBO I have ever been to in my life. We pulled up, and the FBO people had suits on and earpieces in. “Mr. X I presume? We will take care of your luggage please enjoy a coffee or drink while we pull the plane up.”

4.) I’m not trying to badmouth Vista in any way. The a/c thing could happen on any plane and the pilots really apologized up and down. I’m just saying we got some cardboard pizza, had a few drinks, but it wasn’t really that over-the-top white glove experience in the marketing.

5.) There were issues landing in Beijing as well, but I really doubt it was Vista’s fault. The pilots were on the phone freaking out - it was really something to watch.

6.) In terms of recommendations, I really don’t know. Vista is supposed to be a modern and consistent fleet. Though I just as much prefer an XOJet Challenger 300. You can pay extra with XO to guarantee a 300 over a citation X. I honestly prefer mixing my own drinks and helping myself to food over a FA, but that is just personal preference. I think Vista does emphasize the consistency, which is nice.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dval44

1.) I emailed my JetSmarter person today and he said “these aren’t empty legs, they are special positioning flights.” (huh???)

2.) The a/c broke when we were flying out of Luang Prabang, Laos. So doubtful there were any jet supplies there. They said they would have flown one in, but did not for reasons I’ve now forgotten. They sent like $10k back for that when we complained.

3.) Our first leg we departed out of HKG FBO and it was easily the best FBO I have ever been to in my life. We pulled up, and the FBO people had suits on and earpieces in. “Mr. X I presume? We will take care of your luggage please enjoy a coffee or drink while we pull the plane up.”

4.) I’m not trying to badmouth Vista in any way. The a/c thing could happen on any plane and the pilots really apologized up and down. I’m just saying we got some cardboard pizza, had a few drinks, but it wasn’t really that over-the-top white glove experience in the marketing.

5.) There were issues landing in Beijing as well, but I really doubt it was Vista’s fault. The pilots were on the phone freaking out - it was really something to watch.

6.) In terms of recommendations, I really don’t know. Vista is supposed to be a modern and consistent fleet. Though I just as much prefer an XOJet Challenger 300. You can pay extra with XO to guarantee a 300 over a citation X. I honestly prefer mixing my own drinks and helping myself to food over a FA, but that is just personal preference. I think Vista does emphasize the consistency, which is nice.

Great feedback. No problems for me with a Challenger 300/350. Just was on a CJ3 - It's OK when you are sitting - but I look at the toilet and wow - you would have to be on your knees. Glad it was a short flight or i didn't need to use it.
dval44 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:34 am

Looks like nobody even cares about JetSmarter anymore.

Everyone just waiting for their membership to run out?

Anyone booking the $80,870 "deal" from Danang to Moscow? Haha.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:43 am

Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:36 pm

Meanwhile, JetSmarter is burning what remains of its cash on hand throwing parties at the Super Bowl and in Aspen.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300796150.html

Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by millions
Meanwhile, JetSmarter is burning what remains of its cash on hand throwing parties at the Super Bowl and in Aspen.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300796150.html

Fine print: *Purchase of whole aircraft charter to/from Aspen or a seat on a shared flight to/from Aspen is required to attend the event.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:31 pm

Fine print: *Purchase of whole aircraft charter to/from Aspen or a seat on a shared flight to/from Aspen is required to attend the event.
Yeah, nobody said WE could go. But the money is being spent anyway, and Sergey and his cronies will undoubtedly be there.

“Members who fly with JetSmarter will have the opportunity to attend the exclusive reception, which will host industry leaders, executives and clients of JetSmarter.”
dval44 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:11 am

JetSmarter's PR statements sound more and more like Billy McFarland pitching Fyre.
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
Anyone booking the $80,870 "deal" from Danang to Moscow? Haha.
It's now $89,300 and "members only". Or the non-member price on VistaJet: $94,300. Golly, where do I sign up?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:21 am

It continues

Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:46 am

It doesn't explain all the crazy Saudi flights on BBJs, but it makes me wonder about them harder...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:49 am

Hey guys, what's left in Europe to fly privately at a decent cost within 3 hrs distance?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Denny787
Hey guys, what's left in Europe to fly privately at a decent cost within 3 hrs distance?

Try JetClass (jet class.com) if you are looking at private jets by the seat --

Globe Air has a mustang fleet you can charter the full airplane (just 4 seats) on a flight by flight basis.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Try JetClass (jet class.com) if you are looking at private jets by the seat --

Globe Air has a mustang fleet you can charter the full airplane (just 4 seats) on a flight by flight basis.
Is this a real operator with its own aoc or another platform that provide pre purchased charter?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Denny787
Is this a real operator with its own aoc or another platform that provide pre purchased charter?

Broker -- but i believe they charter the aircraft out and take the risk -- last i looked seemed like some Mustangs so only 4 seats -- only 2 - 4 flights per month on some routes but mainly 500 to 800 dollars from when i checked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.