Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:57 am

Was pitched the new "top tier membership." Hard to tell what it is.

$25,000 per year for 1 "Signature plus" membership and 5 "Signature" memberships. Lots of vague promises....

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/23a774...rship_Deck.pdf
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Does anyone know of anywhere people coordinate shuttles or shared charters? For example, I am constantly going to the NY area, but the only flights out seem to be from Aspen, which is way too far a drive from the front range. I'd imagine there are others on the FR that would like to take flights from one of the other regional airports in colorado that way.

I figured there would be a forum, or subreddit or something but I have yet to see anything.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Skacorica
Does anyone know of anywhere people coordinate shuttles or shared charters? For example, I am constantly going to the NY area, but the only flights out seem to be from Aspen, which is way too far a drive from the front range. I'd imagine there are others on the FR that would like to take flights from one of the other regional airports in colorado that way.

I figured there would be a forum, or subreddit or something but I have yet to see anything.
For JetSmarter you do it via their App. You can start a shuttle, and then it will tell you how many seats you have to buy and how much it will cost, and JS will take the risk of selling the rest of them. I think Wheels Up has an app that is similar. You could also just call up a few of the operators at the airport and ask if they have any customers who regularly fly to New York who would be interested in splitting flights.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by dval44

$25,000 per year for 1 "Signature plus" membership and 5 "Signature" memberships. Lots of vague promises....

that seems pretty decent from a jetdeals point of view actually. Split between 6 friends it's only $4,166 each and you can book out the entire jetdeal for $8
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

that seems pretty decent from a jetdeals point of view actually. Split between 6 friends it's only $4,166 each and you can book out the entire jetdeal for $8
LOL. Definitely.

Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

Turns out it's only the member that gets the $1 seat -- you can book guests, but they are charged the normal guest rates.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dval44

I didn't understand that the $600/hour cap applies to all JS shuttles - but it then says other select flights - but the footnote seems to say it is not valid for any of the member initiated shared flights - but maybe i am not understanding it correctly.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Skacorica

there is actually a telegram group that serves this purpose. You can talk to your rep and they should put yoou on it. There was so much strange chatter that I got off it, but it could be useful.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Wheels Up, American Airlines, Jetmembership.com, Delta, Jetblue, Marriott

$25,000 per year for 1 "Signature plus" membership and 5 "Signature" memberships. Lots of vague promises..

ONLY a Moron would sign up for this
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

Based on all of what JS has done since inception only a Moron would sign up for anything from them.
When I "remind" them of what they promised for me to sign up, all the reply said was that I will have customer service reach out to you. Maybe it is cheaper for them to refund those of us who got scammed than to fight the onslaught of potential lawsuits.
I have also disputed my charges with American Express as I had 4 memberships so that will add pressure to them to respond to Am Ex as well as the lawsuits as well as the customer complaints. I for one will not go down like a lamb to some one who has clearly stolen from me.
SFO777 and Heuston like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:13 am

It’s becoming very clear what their model has now become. Put out far fewer company issued shuttles, make anywhere from 1-4 seats available for free for regular smart members, put out another couple for sophisticated members (both sets of seats get taken very quickly when flights open) and then try and sell the rest at increasingly raised pricing. NY-FL has now become roughly $1500/ticket each way. And anything they have left over the night before they send email blasts offering slashed rates at maybe $800 per.

Clearly they are going after an entirely new market of people willing to pay higher than first class seating to avoid TSA lines, get to the airport an hour later, and sit on a cramped plane getting offered inedible food by a disinterested flight attendant. I just don’t see how it possibly can work.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:41 am

it doesn't work, it never worked.
Top 5 Reasons Why Private Jet-Sharing is a Failed Business Model

just a scam- look at the players involved its obvious
Jetsmarter (Part 4): A Fyre Festival in the Sky
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by combakkid

just a scam- look at the players involved its obvious
Jetsmarter (Part 4): A Fyre Festival in the Sky
that’s a pretty crazy article honestly. Intimidation, lies, etc. Pretty wild.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:02 pm

UPDATE WITH SCREENSHOTS:

After many cancellations, I was able to successfully book 2 empty legs. HORRIBLE experience.

First one was diverted to a tiny airfield due to wind. JS did *nothing.* Literally me standing on the runway talking to them and them saying “good luck.” I ended up hitchhiking the 90 minute journey as there was no Uber/commercial airport. JS was willing to contribute $0

Second one was “confirmed.” When at the FBO 10 mins before takeoff, got a message that it was canceled. AGAIN, was told “good luck” and there was nothing they could do to help.

STAY AWAY!!!!!

Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:40 pm

I was put off for two days with a conf call with Customer Service. I had an appointment for many days and now they cannot talk until Thursday.
I will keep this thread posted on what transpires.
They could be developing their BS story further or perhaps coming clean. Ha ha the coming clean part was a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.