Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

House of Miles question

House of Miles question

Old Mar 31, 06, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
House of Miles question

Just curious, How does one get to visit, tour, see this House of Miles?
Old Mar 31, 06, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's move this to ORP.

--richard, moderator
Old Apr 5, 06, 9:38 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

The House of Miles has always been open to visitors on a casual no reservation policy. In the area and want to chat up a favorite topic about miles or points, we're here.

Easy to get to. It's located just off Powers Parkway with a great view of the mountains and our own seemingly private park.

We've had hundreds of readers of InsideFlyer and members of FlyerTalk visit and on some occasions you might get a bonus since from time to time many of the programs themselves visit for research and what-if chats.

Among the plusses: free snacks from the free snack baskets and freebies including "Frequent Flyer University" t-shirts.

Hope to see you all at the world famous 'House of Miles.'

And yes, our address really is 1930 Frequent Flyer Point.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=80915
Old Apr 5, 06, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
And yes, our address really is 1930 Frequent Flyer Point.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=80915
Whoa. Nice. How did ya wrangle that Randy???
Old Apr 5, 06, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
We just got the invite..

PARTY AT RANDY'S HOUSE
Old Apr 5, 06, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
And on the Google Maps satellite view, there's no doubt as to which building is the House of Miles
Old Apr 5, 06, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
And on the Google Maps satellite view, there's no doubt as to which building is the House of Miles
That ROCKS!
Old Apr 5, 06, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott/spg, M life, and Hertz
That is way cool.

Is that Mikel parking in Randy's space?
Old Apr 5, 06, 2:50 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

yea, a few years ago my employees surprised me by having "House of Miles" painted on the roof of our building since whenever i return from out flying around the landing descent to the airport nearby takes me almost directly over the building. I almost pulled the armed door handle the first time i saw it.

P.S. You'll also note my very own personal basketball court directly outside the kitchen area.

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
Old Apr 5, 06, 4:27 pm

Location: Lakeside, AZ, USA, in the beautiful White Mountains of Eastern Arizona (Home airport SOW; Major airports PHX/ABQ)
Programs: UA, MR
Well, I can chime in that my visit to the HOM a few years ago was a high point for the whole trip. Randy and the staff treat you like royalty!
Old Apr 6, 06, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I definitely encourage folks to see the House of Miles - I really didn't have any idea how large Randy's ventures were until I did - and the staff is very cool!
Old Apr 7, 06, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Not to mention the b-ball court! HOM way cool - and it was that trip I met techgirl, gleff, thezipper & others. Not to mention folk saying Randy's office - which looked like a tornado hit it - was actually organized

Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 10, 12:59 am

Yep, it really exists!!!

I was in Colorado Springs for work the past 3 days. I finished up my work around 1PM yesterday and remembered that the House of Miles is also in Colorado Springs, so I wanted to drive by and see where it was. I Googled "House of Miles" and this thread came up, with the nice little invitation several posts above from Randy to come visit, so I did just that!!!

I certainly wasn't let down in the slightest. I walked in and Janet was at the front desk and I told her I felt like I had to drop by since I was in the area and am a big FT fan and Inside Flyer subscriber. She says "Hold on, let me go get Randy so he can give you a tour". Who walks out but the FF Master Guru himself to give me a personal tour of the House of Miles. Needless to say I was totally stoked. I got the tour and then we chatted miles & points for a few minutes, it was fantastic!!!!!

Out of the whole building, I was most impressed with Randy's office. That was a work of art!!!!! Then they sent me off with a nice grab bag including a couple shirts, pens, FT luggage tags (I was starting to think I was the only FTer who doesn't have the famous luggage tags, but NOW I DO!!!!), a travel kit, and an FT tote bag to carry my stash back home. It was fantastic and way beyond my expectations. Especially since I was just some random guy that showed up without any advance notice. They couldn't have been more welcoming, so a big thanks to Randy & Janet.

LOL, later that afternoon I e-mailed my wife telling her, "Guess what, today was one of the 5 best days of my life". She called me wondering what had happened to make my day so great, and I told her all about it. She thought it was amusing. LOL, the amusing thing (to me) is that she probably thought I was exaggerating about it being one of the 5 best days of my life.
Old Oct 21, 10, 4:10 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen View Post
P.S. You'll also note my very own personal basketball court directly outside the kitchen area.
How did I miss this?! I am *soooo* impressed.
Old Oct 23, 10, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Glad to hear that there is an open invitation! I'll have to stop by the Springs on my next trip back to Denver. Looking forward to meeting Randy some day!

Search this Thread