House of Miles question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

House of Miles question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 8:54 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

always an invitation. But of course i may be out flying around because one can never have enough miles. But please do stop by.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Glad to hear that there is an open invitation! I'll have to stop by the Springs on my next trip back to Denver. Looking forward to meeting Randy some day!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
It warms my heart to know that the House of Miles still is described exactly as I remember it. I definitely will stop by again the next time I'm in COS.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Note to self:

Add to 'To Do List'

Thanks Randy!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
How funny! I met Randy last weekend and I asked him about the HOM - and he more or less summarised what's written on this thread - including the bit about the roof being painted.

I had no idea there was a thread on the subject!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: DL KM
So Randy, now that you're leaving FT, is the invitation still open to us FT'ers?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:34 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

The House of Miles doors will never close to you and anyone else that cares to visit. I'm proud to welcome you.

I've got a little secret if you can keep it for the next day or two: I'll soon launch a chance for any member of FlyerTalk to win an all-expenses paid trip to the House of Miles to have lunch or dinner with me along with a private tour and of course a brief one-on-one basketball game on my personal basketball court (which is just outside the kitchen area). You'll get a chance to hear just how all this started, some of my favorite memories of FlyerTalk over the years and of course take away an ultimate swag bag of goodies which just might include the very exclusive House of Miles staff t-shirt.

Game on.

A few years ago my employees surprised me by painting the top of the building like this. In fact when you land to the southwest in COS, if you look closely out the west window of your aircraft you can see this rooftop.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Nov 11, 2010 at 10:49 am
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
The House of Miles doors will never close to you and anyone else that cares to visit. I'm proud to welcome you.

I've got a little secret if you can keep it for the next day or two: I'll soon launch a chance for any member of FlyerTalk to win an all-expenses paid trip to the House of Miles to have lunch or dinner with me along with a private tour and of course a brief one-on-one basketball game on my personal basketball court (which is just outside the kitchen area). You'll get a chance to hear just how all this started, some of my favorite memories of FlyerTalk over the years and of course take away an ultimate swag bag of goodies which just might include the very exclusive House of Miles staff t-shirt.

Game on.

A few years ago my employees surprised me by painting the top of the building like this. In fact when you land to the southwest in COS, if you look closely out the west window of your aircraft you can see this rooftop.

As always Randy, you continue to amaze and what a great offer ^.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 2:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member

I've got a little secret if you can keep it for the next day or two: I'll soon launch a chance for any member of FlyerTalk to win an all-expenses paid trip to the House of Miles to have lunch or dinner with me along with a private tour and of course a brief one-on-one basketball game on my personal basketball court (which is just outside the kitchen area).
:drool: Screw the swag, I'd be thrilled with a best-of-seven Horse series. I'm deadly from the coffin corner on tres.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 2:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

Clearly essxjay would be a much more fun visitor - but can I still enter as a non basketball player? (Now to go find a translation for what she posted.)
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold

Game on.

I'll happily PAY for the surety of facetime with you to avoid the dread of another post-a-zillion times-to-increase-your-chances-of-random-winning contest.

PLEASE consider creating some kind of one-time-only submission with a merit/creative based criteria. Just my 2 SkyPesos.

Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I wasn't that good at Horse when I was young, I'd hate to think how badly I'd be trounced these days. Willing to give it a shot, of course.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Maybe if I just stop by with my own basketball, Randy will be so encouraged to play a game that he'll forget that I just stopped by . Looks like Denver and Colorado Springs are on my short list for travel in the near future.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I'd come for a visit on my own dime anyway.... however, if you choose to foot the bill.....
I'd have to stand on your shoulders to sink a shot.... that's how poorly I play basketball.

p.s. I hear your picture made it into the US Employees Newsletter!

(Is this the one time submission? I hope it would be open for editing..... have to put some thought into this!)
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
That rooftop is hilarious!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by essxjay
:drool: Screw the swag, I'd be thrilled with a best-of-seven Horse series. I'm deadly from the coffin corner on tres.
She is silent, but deadly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.