Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

worth an entry into your magazine? new status > reenter ff# to existing bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

worth an entry into your magazine? new status > reenter ff# to existing bookings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 1999, 1:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

It is a fact with all airline ff-programs, when you reach a higher status level, make sure that your airline afterwards reenters your ff-# for all already existing reservations/bookings in the future - otherwise the airline's computer will only realize your improved status (and your improved waitlist-standing) at check-in time!
Old Oct 2, 1999, 2:05 am
Original Member

Thanks for the tip, Rudi. I noticed last year that even after I had qualified for Gold Medallion with DL, my boarding cards still stated Silver Medallion because they were booked before I became Gold Medallion.
Old Oct 2, 1999, 6:55 am
Commander Catcop

Can we call this an EYE SPY TIP???

And WHEN you mention it, you MUST GIVE CREDIT TO THE SOURCE... "Rudi Martel of Flyertalk gives us this friendly and good suggestion to keep in mind when you make elite..."

Old Oct 2, 1999, 7:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Old Oct 2, 1999, 11:08 am
pgupta011

As an addendum, if you are getting downgraded in status, book before you lose status.

Old Oct 2, 1999, 11:23 am
Original Member
Original Poster

very good advise that one pgupta - and than don't let your ff-number reenter before checking-in!

That's what I will do with a lot of preplanned flights in 2000 - per march-1-2000 I will be downgraded with UA from 1K to Premex (I will still be LH Senator): for all inner-N-American segments afterwards, I will try to book and ask for upgrades (using one-way-confirmable N-American upgrade vouchers - I am expecting 16 for my 99 travels) with the 1K-status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.