Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

Here's something to occupy TB for the entire year to come!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What happens to the ORP forum after December 31?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a good question - probably an ORP type question more than a TB question.

Maybe it becomes the OSD1K forum? I doubt it'll become the OIB forum as SD1K is taking more of that role.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I suggest this would be a question much better directed at and handled by Randy and Carol. I think Randy has the right to determine what is going to happen to his own forum.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Why not just change the forum name to Originally Randy Petersen thereby still preserving the ORP acronym?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
Why not just change the forum name to Originally Randy Petersen thereby still preserving the ORP acronym?
Unless someone else starts to answer questions in here it still will be Only RP. :-:
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:02 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

I can answer that.

While there were plans by others to leave the forum open for some time until being closed, I personally have elected to have it closed and made to disappear as of Dec. 31. While i appreciate that some may have enjoyed my occasional ramblings about the topics held dear by our members and actually may like looking back, by electing not to be involved in the daily direction of FlyerTalk, I really don't want any possible conflict to arise at some later date when my words regarding a decision on FlyerTalk or my words regarding a topic at large be compared to something in the present. Maybe at some point in the future the House of Miles might ask for those ramblings back so that they can be on display in the Presidential Benevolent Dictator Library if that ever gets built(!).

In the future, my words in this area just seem suited for the past and the hidden and I do hope that makes sense.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:28 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I do hope that library gets built... I assume the OMNI RV will be parked out front?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:36 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by wharvey
I do hope that library gets built... I assume the OMNI RV will be parked out front?
Me too. I wonder if the Air Force Academy would donate a spot on their campus for its placement?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I personally have elected to have it closed and made to disappear as of Dec. 31. While i appreciate that some may have enjoyed my occasional ramblings about the topics held dear by our members and actually may like looking back, by electing not to be involved in the daily direction of FlyerTalk
Randy, does it mean I won't get any answer to my questions about referral links in signature before you turn off the light on ORP?

I would really appreciate your pondering "ramblings" on this subject.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:54 pm
doc

I can answer that.

While there were plans by others to leave the forum open for some time until being closed, I personally have elected to have it closed and made to disappear as of Dec. 31. While i appreciate that some may have enjoyed my occasional ramblings about the topics held dear by our members and actually may like looking back, by electing not to be involved in the daily direction of FlyerTalk, I really don't want any possible conflict to arise at some later date when my words regarding a decision on FlyerTalk or my words regarding a topic at large be compared to something in the present. Maybe at some point in the future the House of Miles might ask for those ramblings back so that they can be on display in the Presidential Benevolent Dictator Library if that ever gets built(!).

In the future, my words in this area just seem suited for the past and the hidden and I do hope that makes sense.
Way 2 go.. in style.. as always ...
All the best,
'doc'/Mark
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:51 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can answer that.

Cool, so you want to be in a position of having no conflict of interest after Dec 31. Now the next question that suggests to me: how does one engineer a hostile takeover of a private company if they won't sell it back? -- maybe!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Cool, so you want to be in a position of having no conflict of interest after Dec 31. Now the next question that suggests to me: how does one engineer a hostile takeover of a private company if they won't sell it back? -- maybe!
Well everyone and everything has it's price, even private companies that are funds......
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
I can answer that.

Very Classy Randy! I want my post to be part of the history too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.