FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Here's something to occupy TB for the entire year to come!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:51 am
RichardInSF
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I can answer that.

While there were plans by others to leave the forum open for some time until being closed, I personally have elected to have it closed and made to disappear as of Dec. 31. While i appreciate that some may have enjoyed my occasional ramblings about the topics held dear by our members and actually may like looking back, by electing not to be involved in the daily direction of FlyerTalk, I really don't want any possible conflict to arise at some later date when my words regarding a decision on FlyerTalk or my words regarding a topic at large be compared to something in the present. Maybe at some point in the future the House of Miles might ask for those ramblings back so that they can be on display in the Presidential Benevolent Dictator Library if that ever gets built(!).

In the future, my words in this area just seem suited for the past and the hidden and I do hope that makes sense.
Cool, so you want to be in a position of having no conflict of interest after Dec 31. Now the next question that suggests to me: how does one engineer a hostile takeover of a private company if they won't sell it back? -- maybe!