Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free priceline bidding help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by coolwulf
Since his date is very close and the price I suggested was one day earlier, so it's very likely to change. I 'm checking it again right now to see why.
so what did you find out??
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:55 pm
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
so what did you find out??
I'm very sorry to tell you that the bidding price for your request has been changed on priceline...

We found your best bidding price for 4 star hotel with 1 room at Boston in zone 10 with check in date 09/22/09, check out date 09/23/09 will be $278, please bid ASAP at priceline.com!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:29 am

Hi coolwulf,

SFO
zone 9
4 star
Checkin 12/02/09
checkout 12/09/09
7 nights
1 room

thank you for your help.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 3:01 am

At this moment, I don't have the access to Priceline Singapore's rate .... Maybe in the future...
Alright, thanks for the info!

I think you may have forgotten my request!

Original:

Originally Posted by fly-guy
Hi Coolwolf,

Here's my request:

City: San Francisco, Ca
Zone Number: 3 (Fisherman's Warf)
Star: 3 1/2
Checkin: Thursday, September 24, 2009
Checkout: Saturday, September 26, 2009
Room: 1

Thanks for the help!
Your response:

I'm sorry to tell you:

We found 3.5 star hotel with 1 room at San Francisco, CA in zone 3 with check in date 09/24/09, check out date 09/26/09 is sold out!

Maybe you can try a different zone? I would like to do one more check for you.
Updated:

Thanks for trying! Instead of 3.5 star, can you check 3 star? Also, if that proves sold-out too, then on the same dates can we try 3.5 star in zone 2: Financial District - Embarcadero? If that also proves sold out, zone 2, 4-star?

Thanks a lot!
Thanks again!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by glitzy
It kills me..........her total was $169 with taxes and fees when she could have gotten it for $98 AI!!! I didn't have the heart to tell her she just wasted $70 of her teacher's salary!
If you don't tell her she WAY overbid, isn't she likely to repeat that mistake in the future? Explaining her error in bidding strategy may save her money in the future bids.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I'm very sorry to tell you that the bidding price for your request has been changed on priceline...

We found your best bidding price for 4 star hotel with 1 room at Boston in zone 10 with check in date 09/22/09, check out date 09/23/09 will be $278, please bid ASAP at priceline.com!
Hi there, no worries. I had contacted you last week when your service offer first came out. You had stated $69 then should be the striking price, I waited, and tried at the last minute to see if I should have canceled the Hyatt Award that I booked for 12K points. Guess thats what I will use. Thanks for your courtesy..
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I tried early this morning through the "free 2 tries" email I had... but have gotten no response. So, thought I would try here:

City: Warwick, RI
Zone Number: 2
Star: 3
Checkin: 9/21/2009
Checkout: 9/25/2009
Room: 1
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:36 am

I just told her next time to make sure she calls me before she does any bidding....which she promised to do. She knows that she overbid, but didn't want to hear how much. I've bid on a number of rooms for her in the past and she has always been delighted on the money she saved. I think she thought it was time for her to do it herself....a costly mistake! Sometimes it's nice when you get to teach a teacher a lesson or two.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by glitzy
Being a PL rookie my sister entered the info and after seeing PL's suggestion of $159 for the bid she thought she would be smart and cut it to $140.
I don't recall Priceline ever offering a "suggested" bid amount (aside from their counteroffers). But they usually always reference the supposed retail price which should not be misunderstood as a recommended bid price. In other words, what would be the point of bidding the amount as the retail price. In your sister's situation, do you think $159 was Priceline's definition of the retail price for the star level and zone she was bidding? I hope she follows your advice in the future and lets you do her bidding!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by wharvey
I tried early this morning through the "free 2 tries" email I had... but have gotten no response. So, thought I would try here:
FWIW, yesterday I paid $1.95 for a suggested bid price. The "turnaround" time from submitting a request to receiving an answer in email was 12 hours. I'm not making any kind of judgement call, but rather just stating the wait period I experienced. I have no idea if coolwulf has a staff, does it himself, or what time zone he operates from. I will say, however, I was satisfied with my $1.95 experience. The star level and zone I was requesting a bid quote was sold out for my travel dates, although coolwulf and/or his staff went the extra mile by providing a suggested bid price in the next lower category.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kshastry
Hi Coolwulf,

It would be wonderful if you could help me with this non-US request.

Bali, Indonesia
Kuta-Tuban-Legian region
3*
12/18
12/21

Thanks a lot!
We found 3 star hotel with 1 room at Bali, Indonesia in zone 1 with check in date 12/18/09, check out date 12/21/09 is sold out!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by royalpool
Hi coolwulf,

SFO
zone 9
4 star
Checkin 12/02/09
checkout 12/09/09
7 nights
1 room

thank you for your help.
We found your best bidding price for 4 star hotel with 1 room at SFO in zone 9 with check in date 12/02/09, check out date 12/09/09 will be $127, please bid ASAP at priceline.com!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Alright, thanks for the info!

I think you may have forgotten my request!

Original:

Your response:

Updated:

Thanks again!
We found your best bidding price for 3 star hotel with 1 room at SFO in zone 3 with check in date 09/24/09, check out date 09/26/09 will be $210, please bid ASAP at priceline.com!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcx
I can't find any bidding history for 3* London. Any help appreciated!
City: London
Zone Number: 6 (Mayfair Soho)
Star: 3
Checkin: Oct 9
Checkout: Oct 12
Room: 2
We found your best bidding price for 3 star hotel with 2 room at London, UK in zone 6 with check in date 10/09/09, check out date 10/12/09 will be $153, please bid ASAP at priceline.com!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Oh... I am a paid customer as well.... and been very happy with my experiences overall. Responses within an hour... and major savings.

I guess my concern is when I see help being given here for free when "paying customers" are not getting responses to their requests. I understand the need to cultivate new customers.... but I would work hard first to keep the customers I already have.

Originally Posted by BEAV
FWIW, yesterday I paid $1.95 for a suggested bid price. The "turnaround" time from submitting a request to receiving an answer in email was 12 hours. I'm not making any kind of judgement call, but rather just stating the wait period I experienced. I have no idea if coolwulf has a staff, does it himself, or what time zone he operates from. I will say, however, I was satisfied with my $1.95 experience. The star level and zone I was requesting a bid quote was sold out for my travel dates, although coolwulf and/or his staff went the extra mile by providing a suggested bid price in the next lower category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.