Free priceline bidding help

Old Sep 17, 09, 1:54 pm
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck
Original Poster

Free priceline bidding help

We decided to temporarily close our service at this moment to avoid any possible violation of priceline's ToC through our current algorithm. However as I have mentioned earlier in another thread, we 're going to provide a better service which is 100% without any violation and will make Betterbidding and Biddingfortravel obsolete in the future.

I'll update this when our new service is ready.

I decided to offer free priceline bidding help for all users in this forum. Hope you will like it.

[Rules]

1. Reply in this thread, your requested hotel city, zone, star, checkin, checkout date and how many rooms you want. One zone one star per request. I 'm offerring three free requests per user for now. The format of your reply needs to be:

City:
Zone Number: (If there's any zone, you can assume zone 1, same on bestbidding.co.cc)
Star:
Checkin:
Checkout:
Room:

2. I 'll try to give you the result ASAP and please bid ASAP on priceline if you think this price is reasonable. And please report your bid and which hotel you got here in this thread. Thank you.

Hope you will like my service!

Last edited by coolwulf; Oct 22, 09 at 3:38 pm Reason: Try to follow forum rules.
Old Sep 17, 09, 2:31 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Thanks for your generous offer. I don't need help right now and am fairly proficient with PL bidding anyway. But I do appreciate your generosity.

And though I know it is a "secret" I am amazed at how you come up with the bid amounts for people. Keep up the good work.

And a note to others: based on reading his help to others on another forum, I think giving him the zone NUMBER and not the name of the zone is preferred, but correct me if I am wrong.

John
Old Sep 17, 09, 4:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Very nice offer, thanks for posting it on FT. I hope to be able to try it out some time in the near future. ^
Old Sep 17, 09, 5:01 pm

Wow, this thread has the potential to become very long very fast, if everyone is posting their requests, receiving replies, and posting results to it. It will become like an entire betterbidding.com in a single thread. Yikes!

Didn't coolwulf say in a previous thread that they have inside information to the priceline rates? If so, it seems that posting bidding info here could open up FT to litigation from PL.
Old Sep 17, 09, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post
Wow, this thread has the potential to become very long very fast, if everyone is posting their requests, receiving replies, and posting results to it. It will become like an entire betterbidding.com in a single thread. Yikes!

Didn't coolwulf say in a previous thread that they have inside information to the priceline rates? If so, it seems that posting bidding info here could open up FT to litigation from PL.
No wonder why you registered today and this is your first post ...

I think one of the primary issue of this post is we suggest people to go directly to priceline instead of thru other people's link. Guess this touched some people's cheese ...
It is alslo one of the main reasons why FW removed our thread over there cause they provide fatcash program for priceline...
Old Sep 17, 09, 7:02 pm

coolwulf,

You've posted to multiple threads that people shouldn't bid through affiliate links because doing so inflates the minimum accepted price.

That contradicts my longheld understanding, which is that bidding through affiliate links has NO impact on price.

For discussion's sake let's say I want a 4* hotel in Downtown Phoenix zone on Oct 3. I ask you to find the low price for me. You tell me $55.

Are you saying that if I bid $55 directly through Priceline without going through any affiliate link my bid will be accepted, but if I bid the same $55 through BFT, BB, FW, or any other affiliate link my bid will be rejected?
Old Sep 17, 09, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Colfax View Post
coolwulf,

You've posted to multiple threads that people shouldn't bid through affiliate links because doing so inflates the minimum accepted price.

That contradicts my longheld understanding, which is that bidding through affiliate links has NO impact on price.

For discussion's sake let's say I want a 4* hotel in Downtown Phoenix zone on Oct 3. I ask you to find the low price for me. You tell me $55.

Are you saying that if I bid $55 directly through Priceline without going through any affiliate link my bid will be accepted, but if I bid the same $55 through BFT, BB, FW, or any other affiliate link my bid will be rejected?
We only suggest people to bid directly through priceline intead of affiliated link since it might increase the minimum bid. And we did see this happen before...
Old Sep 17, 09, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by coolwulf View Post
And we did see this happen before...
Please cite one specific example.
Old Sep 17, 09, 10:08 pm

We only suggest people to bid directly through priceline intead of affiliated link since it might increase the minimum bid. And we did see this happen before...
There are a couple other FT threads about your service, coolwulf.

In one of those threads you posted on September 4 in bold:

Do not go through other website links to priceline! Those links are affiliated with priceline and raise your winning bid price!
I don't see the word "might" there.

It's post #17 in the "Priceline Bidding Help--Now for a Fee" thread.
Old Sep 17, 09, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Cool Help

Would like your input.
Fort lauderdale
zone 2
4 star
nov27/09
dec2/09
2 rooms
thanks
Old Sep 18, 09, 7:29 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
This generous offer is too good to refuse!

City: Zurich, Switzerland
Zone Number: 2 Glattbrugg (Airport)
Star: 4*
Checkin: 9/23/09
Checkout: 9/24/09
Room: one

I've already had bids rejected at $89 and $96

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 18, 09, 7:30 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Colfax View Post
There are a couple other FT threads about your service, coolwulf.

In one of those threads you posted on September 4 in bold:

I don't see the word "might" there.

It's post #17 in the "Priceline Bidding Help--Now for a Fee" thread.
As if every single post on an internet bulletin board is completely well thought out for every potential meaning that could be construed by the internet grammar police? Puh-lease.

If you don't like the OP's offer then don't use it.
Old Sep 18, 09, 7:45 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Extra data point: $115 bid just rejected. Without being familiar with Zurich I'm not sure I should risk an inconvenient "in-town" location, with a 10:20 flight out of ZRH

Originally Posted by Fornebufox View Post
This generous offer is too good to refuse!

City: Zurich, Switzerland
Zone Number: 2 Glattbrugg (Airport)
Star: 4*
Checkin: 9/23/09
Checkout: 9/24/09
Room: one

I've already had bids rejected at $89 and $96

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 18, 09, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
1. Walnut Creek, CA
2. Zone 2
3. 4 star
4. 11/8/09
5. 11/9/09
6. 1 room

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 18, 09, 9:49 am

No wonder why you registered today and this is your first post ...

I think one of the primary issue of this post is we suggest people to go directly to priceline instead of thru other people's link. Guess this touched some people's cheese ...
It is alslo one of the main reasons why FW removed our thread over there cause they provide fatcash program for priceline...
coolwulf:
1. Yes, I registered today and that was my first post. Everyone starts somewhere. Thank you for the warm welcome. Since my post was not critical of you, I am puzzled that you took umbrage at it and chose to be accusatory and question my motivations.

2. I did not mention anything about anyone's links, nor did anyone in this thread before me, so I fail to see why you throw that issue in my face and accuse my "cheese" of being touched. Seems like the beginning of a straw-man argument, to me.

3. I notice in your replies to the messages after mine that your initial singular has now become plural "we only suggest" etc. You now have helpers? Employees?

4. I see that someone asked for your help at 10:30 last night and now, 12 hr later, there is still no reply, so I wonder what you really mean in RULE #2 by "please bid ASAP" if your assistance is merely at your own convenience.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: