Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

anyone used jetcombo.com to book flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:56 am
Original Poster

it is trustworthy?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:01 am

used jetcombo.com to book flights

I had no problems. I booked, a few hours later I got my ticket by email. No hassle.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster

thank you for your opinion! there's really almost nothing on the internet about people's experience with them.
i'm particularly worried about "white major label" really nice cheap tickets (20% cheaper than others). i normally use momondo.com to search flights and it has mostly redirect me to the airline site. however here as i understand i buy from jetcombo.com which bought these cheap tickets wholesale in advance or something. i heard about overbookings and late ticket issueing happening when buying such ticket from a shady site like cheapotickets.com
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:57 am

Unhappy JetCombo

I am particularly worried about this website. I just booked a ticket with them and received an e-mail later in the day saying that I must send them a copy of my driver's license and credit card before they could issue my ticket or they would not hold it. I called the 888 number on the e-mail and was told that was exactly what I would have to do, along with filling out their attached form. No where on the website did it say that I would have to do this. I'm very concerned about identity theft and this practice makes me very nervous. Has anyone else had to do this?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:32 am

Welcome to FT folks. Jetcombo has been written up in Wall Strret Journal and appears to be legit. I also hate to fax documents because anyone can pick up a fax. Tell them that and ask if you could fax the items with some pertinent data (like last 4 numbers of credit card)blacked out. You can email the data to them.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:51 am
Original Poster

jabez, thank you.
and that's exactly the thing - i read all those fancy articles in respected magazines and online but it baffles me how come there's not a single 'experience' or discussion about it on the web. there's like this website and another one. sounds like nobody's using it or nobody's questioning it.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldcruzr
I am particularly worried about this website. I just booked a ticket with them and received an e-mail later in the day saying that I must send them a copy of my driver's license and credit card before they could issue my ticket or they would not hold it. I called the 888 number on the e-mail and was told that was exactly what I would have to do, along with filling out their attached form. No where on the website did it say that I would have to do this. I'm very concerned about identity theft and this practice makes me very nervous. Has anyone else had to do this?
did it work out for you with jetcombo, worldcruzr?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.