Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Travel agency that will try out ita codes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Any recommendations for a travel agency that will try to get you ITA found flights? The flights i am finding I can not get booked through any of my normal sites (expedia, orbitz, travelocity) - and my company travel agency is pretty poor.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old Mar 9, 2008, 2:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Arrow

I'm not really sure what you mean by ITA "codes," per the thread title.

Before dialing a travel agent you still have a couple of DIY options.

1) Whatever itinerary ITA returns just call up the airline directly and have them price out the exact same flights for you. Yeah, you pay a nominal booking fee, but if you've found the routing you want at the price you're willing to pay (and, this being Flyertalk, hopefully for maximum mileage ), then it's worth a few extra bucks.

2) As for booking on orbitz or united dot bomb, make sure you're using the multi-city option for booking individual legs. More than six legs and you start running into problems on united.com. Maybe if you provide more detail of the problems you're running into we can help you further.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: Haven't been flying for a while... :(
Originally Posted by docbones
Any recommendations for a travel agency that will try to get you ITA found flights? The flights i am finding I can not get booked through any of my normal sites (expedia, orbitz, travelocity) - and my company travel agency is pretty poor.

Thanks,

Daniel
If you must go through your company TA, use the ITA site's "show booking details" to obtain the fare breakdown, in SABRE code, at the bottom. It "might be useful for travel agents."
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: US Dividend Miles
Originally Posted by essxjay
I'm not really sure what you mean by ITA "codes," per the thread title.

Before dialing a travel agent you still have a couple of DIY options.

1) Whatever itinerary ITA returns just call up the airline directly and have them price out the exact same flights for you. Yeah, you pay a nominal booking fee, but if you've found the routing you want at the price you're willing to pay (and, this being Flyertalk, hopefully for maximum mileage ), then it's worth a few extra bucks.

2) As for booking on orbitz or united dot bomb, make sure you're using the multi-city option for booking individual legs. More than six legs and you start running into problems on united.com. Maybe if you provide more detail of the problems you're running into we can help you further.
Actually, I'm having the same issue -- trying to book the following:

JFK-DUB on DL
DUB-LHR on Aer Lingus
CPH-DUS on Air Berlin
DUS-JFK on LTU

ITA's quoting $650-ish for this but the online agencies say $950 on different airlines. Doesn't look like any of them use LTU or Air Berlin though -- thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.