Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Help getting rate lower - Rental Car LIH 4/30-5/2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 5:05 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG

Can you help me get a better car rental rate than 31 (All in with taxes) from Hotwire for rental on 4/30-5/2 from LIH airport?

I thought about putting this in Mileage Run, but its not exactly a mileage run. I'm also a AAA member if that helps.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by The Weekly Flyer; Mar 2, 2008 at 5:10 pm Reason: updated price to include taxes
Old Mar 3, 2008, 4:06 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
It looks like your rental will be for two days, so the total all-in price for the Hotwire rental is $62, correct?

So if you attempt to use Priceline, make sure that the total all-in price is less than $62. Some people get fooled by the daily bid amount and forget that once PL adds in all of the taxes and fees, it may end up actually costing MORE than what is available elsewhere.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:30 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Thanks.

Is priceline the only other option than hotwire to get a better price on a 2 day rental?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:08 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Is priceline it in terms of cheapest car rental options?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:27 am
B1

With Priceline you make an offer so it can be cheaper than anything else - but bid based on the total price not the daily rate. Generally, if Hotwire is $22 then Priceline has to be under $20 to be about the same. Also if you register for Priceline, they are currently offering a $20 bonus on car rentals. There is no rule - you have to try. And prices change all the time. If you get a hotel from Priceline, then they often tell you the lowest car bids they will accept.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:42 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B1
they are currently offering a $20 bonus on car rentals.
I've tried to locate how to use the 20 bonus that you've mentioned with no luck.

Could you please share how to get the 20 bonus?
Old Mar 8, 2008, 2:39 pm
B1

Originally Posted by flyfarfar
I've tried to locate how to use the 20 bonus that you've mentioned with no luck.

Could you please share how to get the 20 bonus?
If you are registered at Priceline, you have a profile. You log in and then go to "my profile" and then "my rewards". If the bonus is there it says "$20 Rental Car Bonus Cash Reward. Get up to $20 in Bonus Cash good towards your next car rental. Offer expires March 31, 2008. Restrictions may apply."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.