Any experiences with TravelLink?

Old Sep 7, 2005, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Any experiences with TravelLink?

Has anyone booked tickets via http://www.travellink.dk and if so, do you have any feedback, good or bad?

I'm getting some quite good prices for SK trans-atlantic flights in comparison to the SK website and am tempted. But I'm not happy that they don't accept American Express which I prefer to use when booking travel for the insurance coverage.

They are showing better fares even than Wideroe and with some preferable connections for my route and dates.

Susan
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:41 am

Travellink is very reliable! I've used them before, and I've been happy with them!
They were in fact started by SAS in cooperation with a couple of other companies.
Acquired earlier this year by Opodo which is another reliable Internet TA which is owned by several of the major airlines. So you can use them with confidence!

Edited to add: Previously they accepted all CC's incl Diners and AMEX... Have they stopped doing this?!

Last edited by Point_Chaser; Sep 7, 2005 at 10:47 am
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks Point_Chaser, that helps a lot.

They still accept Diners, but not AmEx. VISA, Mastercard and Eurocard are also accepted, as well as Dankort and payment via Netbank. I prefer AmEx for the travel insurance.

Susan
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Woops, wait just a minute. I thought maybe I should send them a query about AmEx, but in the FAQ it is listed as an acceptable payment type. I hope that's the correct information and not the other page where it lists payment methods and exclude it.

I'll probably try to make a booking this week and will find out.

Susan
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I've used them .se and was just pleased. Everything worked fine.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 2:33 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by PappaG
I've used them .se and was just pleased. Everything worked fine.
Me, too.
They use Amadeus, so you can check your itinerary at www.checkmytrip.com .
Old Sep 7, 2005, 2:35 pm

Programs: SAS EB, KL/AF FB and Hilton HH
I have used them a lot and have always been very pleased.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:13 am
esv

I can only agree. It's one of the few Scandinavian-based net agencies that lets you buy tickets between any two cities in the world. I often buy LH tickets here as they're often cheaper to buy in Sweden than in Germany .

Always book under "Business Travel", where you have more options in the menus, can see the booking class before entering your personal details, and there is no fee to pay with credit card (as opposed to "Leisure Travel").
Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is my preferred booking engine. You are able to see the booking class and complete fare rules.

Under "business travel" you have the opportunity to make stop overs, open jaws etc. which are virtually impossible at other booking engines. This is a great feature provided by Travel Link.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I had an email exchange with TravelLink yesterday re: AmEx. They stopped taking it two weeks ago due to fraud and were hoping to be able to work something out with AmEx to add it again.

I asked if there was any way they were willing to take my AmEx, if I sent a signed confirmation and/or a back-up billing method. After checking with their Finance Dept, the representative emailed me back and agreed, as long as I provided a back-up card, full address and phone number.

I found this to be excellent customer service.

Susan
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I had an email exchange with TravelLink yesterday re: AmEx. They stopped taking it two weeks ago due to fraud and were hoping to be able to work something out with AmEx to add it again.

I asked if there was any way they were willing to take my AmEx, if I sent a signed confirmation and/or a back-up billing method. After checking with their Finance Dept, the representative emailed me back and agreed, as long as I provided a back-up card, full address and phone number.

I found this to be excellent customer service.

Susan
And this is how you gain a new customer! ^
Excellent customer service! Price is important, but customer service will always prevail as the most important to me! (Take note SAS! People will judge your airline on the basis of how they are treated on ground and in the air! They've already spent the money, and the full evaluation won't have this factor at the top of mind! If service is crap, they will go elsewhere!)
jerjeffr likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

I completed my booking today and just cannot say enough about this service. I received personal phone help because of the AmEx issue, was offered lower fare options even though I had already selected flights from the website, and was met with unbelievable patience when having to ring back and forth to my husband to make a final decision, which changed a couple of times over the course of an hour.

The confirmation came through quickly, seats of my choice on the SK flights were confirmed.

To top it off, the price beat both the SK and UA websites (flights are SK/UA codeshares) for the exact same itinerary by a significant amount; and the booking class is V, so I still get full EuroBonus points.

The amount of flight options, fares and routes that were offered beat every other site I've ever used. Highly recommended.

Susan
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:01 am

Programs: SK*G
Which route was this, Susan, and what fare did you get?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 5:21 am
Original Poster

We are flying CPH-MCO return (2 of us) from 28 Oct to 12/13 Nov. The fare was DKK 4,508 per person. The best fare I could get on the SAS website for the dates was DKK 6,023 per person, with a return trip that required a 4-hour layover at IAD. The best fare on the UA website was $884 for our identical itinerary (our fare is ca. $750 at today's exchange rate).

We fly CPH-IAD going over, with a UA/TED flight from IAD to MCO, then return is from MCO to ORD on UA/TED, and ORD-CPH on SK. Both have good connections (ca. 2 hours).

With TravelLink we also had the option of a return route through EWR with a CO flight from MCO to EWR, catching SK-CPH in EWR for DKK 5,054 per person -- not available on the SAS website at all -- but selected the ORD routing to stay as late as possible in Orlando.

Susan
Old Sep 10, 2005, 5:23 am

Programs: EBS
I have used them as well. Great service and telephone support.
I used the "private traveller" where it is not possible to choose the seat in the booking, but they will give you one. When I got my Amadeus number in the confirmation, i checked my travel on checkmytrip and found that my favorite seat was open. I called them and they changed it without trouble. The feature I like is that you can pay by banktransfer, but that is not possible on "business traveller". Travelling back from EWR I was going with a friend, but I did not know his seat at the time of booking. I was told to call them back and they would try to help me being seated next to him if possible (they could not change his seat, because he had used another agent with another system, btw. that internetagent did nothing to help him).
I will for sure use them again, but next time maybe as a "business traveller"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.