Wiki Posts
Search

Airline or third party

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Airline or third party

Are third party online booking agents reliable or should I stick with the airline? In have always bought from the airline but sometimes the options are so expensive and hence would appreciate any recommendations of reliable online booking sites.
Thank you
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:50 pm

I prefer to book directly with airline companies unless it's a huge discount on the price with the travel agent. Stay away with cheapflightmart or ieagle.com or any india run third party online booking websites. lots of people couldn't get their money back if something went wrong. So do your research before using those third party agents.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by cute4kitty
I prefer to book directly with airline companies unless it's a huge discount on the price with the travel agent. Stay away with cheapflightmart or ieagle.com or any india run third party online booking websites. lots of people couldn't get their money back if something went wrong. So do your research before using those third party agents.
Thank you very much. How about Trip.com? Lots of people seems to be using this company. Saw prices about 900 to 1K difference than on the airline website.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Thank you very much. How about Trip.com? Lots of people seems to be using this company. Saw prices about 900 to 1K difference than on the airline website.
I am acutally a newbie here. So I can't give you any advice about trip.com. Search Trip.com reviews at the search engines to see whether it's a good place to go. I used to book air tickets from the agents years ago and had no problems. I used Kayak directly 10 years ago and my flight got cancelled but Kayak was very good that they quickly rebooked it for me without charging me anything. But they had a bad reputation now. The third party agents seem to link too many other parties agents and cause a lot of problems. After experiencing those india agents calling me everyday once I gave them my information to check an air ticket, I just want to book it through the direct airline company to not have to worry about anything. So it's your decision. I just signed up here a few days ago to learn all the tricks and information. Hope it helps you with my own experience.
Davvidd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.