Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

OTA ticketing differs from what was booked...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Hello, just a question if anyone has any experiences dealing with an OTA, in particularly TravelUp in the UK?

Late last year they had some cheap flights ex Dublin advertised to the East Coast for this coming April. I booked some flights with them, choosing them to be ticketed with AY (even though they are operated by BA and AA) - there were options on to chose them to be ticketed with any of the transatlantic alliance carriers or combination thereof differing in less then £10 eithwrway. They sent a Card Holder Authorisation Document clearly stating the ticketing with AY ticketing and flight numbers.

They then have issued the e-ticket with ALL legs on an American Airlines ticket - as it is Basic Economy, I get no status credits which was the main reason I chose to them to be ticketed with AY. I have been back and forth over the past few months with them saying they have done nothing wrong as they have provided the advertised product which is the same flight times and operating carrier so doesn't matter who it is ticketed with - I have asked them for a refund or to be reticketed as originally intended but they are not budging.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and managed to resolve it? Am I fighting a unwinnable battle here?

Thanks,

Cnrstne.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, you will get nowhere with this. I doubt you had been informed let alone guaranteed that the ticket would be on AY ticket stock. You don't have a claim for the OTA issuing the ticket on a different ticket stock than you expected. For 99.99% of the travellers it would be immaterial if ticketed on 001 stock or AY ticket stock; and travellers couldn't care less about it. I suggest to move on!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes, you will get nowhere with this. I doubt you had been informed let alone guaranteed that the ticket would be on AY ticket stock. You don't have a claim for the OTA issuing the ticket on a different ticket stock than you expected. For 99.99% of the travellers it would be immaterial if ticketed on 001 stock or AY ticket stock; and travellers couldn't care less about it. I suggest to move on!
Well they did send an authorisation for card payment receipt with BA / AY flight numbers as a 'contract' - I believe this should be sufficient evidence they have mis-sold a product. Anyhow, I've left it up to AMEX requesting a chargeback.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.