Search

What are Kayak Instant Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:38 am
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
What are Kayak Instant Bookings

I'm used to seeing artificially low fares from Kayak searches that really come from "consolidator" companies like Aran Grant.

But does anyone know what a Kayak "Instant Booking" is (i.e. who is actually issuing/servicing the ticket / why they're cheaper)? I have slightly more faith in Kayak than some no-name consolidator. But, in this particular case, they are offering the same price on longhaul business.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TBD
I'm used to seeing artificially low fares from Kayak searches that really come from "consolidator" companies like Aran Grant.

But does anyone know what a Kayak "Instant Booking" is (i.e. who is actually issuing/servicing the ticket / why they're cheaper)? I have slightly more faith in Kayak than some no-name consolidator. But, in this particular case, they are offering the same price on longhaul business.

I am afraid to use third party agents to book my tickets nowadays. Too many scammers out there. they listed at Kayak doesn't mean Kayak will take responsibility if something goes wrong with your ticket.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:44 am
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
I'm afraid to use them for the same reason.

But I've noticed Google Flights now also refers people to companies like Ovago. I truly don't understand how they under-cut airlines on their own fares based on existing (or maybe obsolete now) air distribution methods. Surely Google has done some homework....?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.