Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air strike question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Question EVA Air strike question

I'm booked for a flight from YVR to CEB via TPE on July 8. Flight has not been cancelled yet, but am trying to put together some contingencies in case it does. My question is, is there anyway to avoid having both flight legs cancelled? Thus far, the long-haul flights from YVR to TPE have been getting cancelled up through 1st week of July. However, the flights to/from CEB and TPE appear to be operating. Does anyone know if there is anyway to retain the TPE <--> CEB portion of the reservation if the YVR <--> TPE leg gets cancelled? That way all I need to do is get a round trip ticket from YVR to TPE.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Jim Alumbaugh
My question is, is there anyway to avoid having both flight legs cancelled?
No.

To make the story short - TFAU, the union representing both CI and BR's FAs, will vote again later this week to extend the strike. Given the current development, it is very likely that the strike will continue further.

It is only a matter of when your flight will be canceled.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - do you have inside info on the strike vote? Seems to be contradicted by a recent report, which the link to I can't post yet because I don't have 5 posts. ;-\
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Jim Alumbaugh
Thanks - do you have inside info on the strike vote?
No. I am just a guy who knows Chinese.
Yoshi212 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.